• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

Played Arroyo Trabuco yesterday for the 1st time. Really nice golf course. Some course knowledge is important. Did not play well. Started Par, Bogey, Birdie then the wheels came off. Found a lot of bunkers, fairway and greenside and hit it into the shit off the tee a few times, but mostly troubles on the greens. Could not find the speed or really get any reads. 10 3-putts. Just brutal. Shot an even 100

Dude I played there on the 20th. Shot an even 100 also. I thought the greens were atrocious. Not worth going back there. Seemed to be in much better shape the last time I played there. Went back to Costa Mesa ML yesterday shot a 90 with 4 triples and 3 birdies. Shows how Bi polar my game was.

Dude I played there on the 20th. Shot an even 100 also. I thought the greens were atrocious. Not worth going back there. Seemed to be in much better shape the last time I played there. Went back to Costa Mesa ML yesterday shot a 90 with 4 triples and 3 birdies. Shows how Bi polar my game was.

You're right. The greens were atrocious. But, assuming they get those things in good shape most of the time, the course is pretty sweet. 

Went out and played a quick 9 at lake forest this morning. Started raining on 5 and really picked up on 8 and 9. By the time I finished I was the only one on the course and even the Marshall gave up. Coulda played extra but I didn't want my clubs to get soaked.

Played decent, a few pars, only one double bogey. Made a few nice up and downs including a bunker out

You're right. The greens were atrocious. But, assuming they get those things in good shape most of the time, the course is pretty sweet.

Actually. Greens have been that way for a long time apparently.

Enjoy Black Gold. I like that course. Challenging and good. Beware of all that traffic because of the slide (if you're taking the toll road around the back.).

• 1 month later...

Tips for lower scores (I'm probably a 6-8 handicap and I hardly play because it's 40 freaking bucks a round).

Basic Stuff:

1.) Keep your head STILL and DOWN.

You move your head too much, you're going to screw up. Guaranteed.

2.) Choke UP on the club.

Don't worry about distance. Screw distance. It's all accuracy! I'm 5'6 and can out drive 95-98% of the people on a random muni because most of them are hacks who shouldn't be out there in the first place. 

Anyways, if you can separate yourself from Roy McAvoy (great movie, btw) or Phil Mickelson or Tiger when he was good...just basically try to be like Don Johnson's character. or if that doesn't work for you...like Cheech.

3.) Follow THROUGH.

When you're at the range..put a ball a foot closer to your lead foot and set up where you normally would. Try that a few times and it really helps

4.) It's just GOLF.

So many of these people stand over the ball for 20...30...40..45-50 seconds psyching themselves out like they're at the U.S. Open. Just hit the damn ball already and if/when you screw up..refer to steps 1-3

Stop going through your mental checklist...just do BASICS and you'll be a lot better off!

Edited by DW711