• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

Still working some at the course so don't play as much anymore.  Throwing punk kids off the course is fun though. 

Last weeks idiot golfer of the week came in on Sunday.  Stops in the clubhouse and wants to see the manager after 9 holes, it is too hot to play.  I come over and normally do not give rain checks to people who are too stupid to stand outside their front door for thirty seconds before heading to the course but was going to be nice and told him it is pretty damn hot, I will give you a rain check for 9 holes.  He tells me no you don't understand, we are still going to play but want our money back because you didn't tell us how hot it was going to be.....can't make this stuff up and he wasn't joking.   

Was he an idiot, or was he cheap?  I have a friend that I play golf with.  He figures if his experience is impacted, he will say something or write a letter, and most times will receive something comp'd.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I guess.  I don't agree with most of his gripes, except the one time they neglected to tell us they'd aerated the course (not that that would have affected my stellar game)

People call all the time asking if I had punched the greens lately.  I tell them come on out, I have only punched kittens lately. 

You are right though ALB, there are certain people who when they get up in the morning and golf is on their agenda the course is part of the world that revolves around them that day.  Everyones time and effort is solely meant for their experience.  

I am ok with punched greens as long as they are sanded after they are punched.

Courses around here always take some money off the rack rate when the greens are punched.  

We punch once, maybe twice a year depending on how hard the winter or summer was.  It really shouldn't be an issue, golfers should know it is necessary and is for a short time.  If they whine, I cut them a break but not like we have a $250 green fee either. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We punch once, maybe twice a year depending on how hard the winter or summer was.  It really shouldn't be an issue, golfers should know it is necessary and is for a short time.  If they whine, I cut them a break but not like we have a $250 green fee either. 

I could care less about punched-greens, while playing recreationally (not tournaments).  I think it's great!  For the life of the surface.  And, it keeps the snobs away.  I always play- add two shots once you're on the green (unless your dart landed within a foot).

Who here has a hole in one?

Par 3 courses and x amount of mulligans don't count.

I have two. First one was on the 1st hole at Ironwood. 111 yards,

Next was 12th at Willowick. 157 yards.

Ironwood is a pitch and putt (two 4-pars) but the ace still counts.

My grandfather played for 50 years without getting one but he saw both of mine.

I saw my brother knock it in from 211 yards but it was technically his 3rd shot (tee shot duck hooked into the woods). Nice par.

Hit mine on the par 3 13th at Skylinks on 12/30/12.  Back before they changed all the hole configurations (I think it's hole 5 now).  It was playing 168, hit a 6 iron, didn't see it land (green was misty).  Thought I'd flown the green and was pissed I was going to have to drop a ball.  Playing partner found it in the cup

Hit mine on the par 3 13th at Skylinks on 12/30/12.  Back before they changed all the hole configurations (I think it's hole 5 now).  It was playing 168, hit a 6 iron, didn't see it land (green was misty).  Thought I'd flown the green and was pissed I was going to have to drop a ball.  Playing partner found it in the cup

That's awesome, still waiting on my 1st.