• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

Willowick - 91

Odd round... 3 Birdies, 4 Pars, 4 Bogeys, 4 Doubles, 2 Triples, 1 Quadruple

I drove to the right fringe on two of my pars

I had 30 yards from under a tree on my quad.

Played for the first time in about a year and only took 5 driving range balls because it was last minute. Played the front 9 at Hidden Valley and shot a 49. Actually really happy with how I played with the time off and my high score was your run of the mill duffs and a nice blow up of an 8 on a par 3. I had a couple pars and a birdie chance, but the rust was there......namely the par 4 7 where I actually over drove the 282 green by a tad, but found a way to 5 putt with the crazy green breaks. It also doesn't help when your longest, straightest, and just a perfect tee shot on a normal hole happens to be on a gnar dog leg.

Part of the problem is the group in front of us was so slow and it created a log jam to where at the end, namely the snowman on the par 3 I had an audience that was distracting.

Nothing screws up my game more than having a long wait between holes.  I have enough problems with my swing.  Sitting there for 15 minutes before I can tee off again to think about how I am going to correct it is the last thing I need.

I liked it because it was a business meeting and that course is through and on a mountain, so for the most part there wasn't an audience. But the par 3's were rough having an audience and feeling rushed, plus the blow up was on the charity hole so you have some random dude standing next to you watching your shot closely.

Hidden Valley... Isn't that the course with the hookers who blew dudes in the bathrooms?

Yeah, a friend of mine worked there when it happened. It was a charity tourney with some high profile city and political officials, some kind of higher ups. They set up beer tents at various holes, but these tents had hookers. Police raided it and a bunch of dudes had their pic taken and had some serious backlash.

I played Saturday in Vegas - actually Sun Valley. Lexington Course at the Revere Club. Started Bogey, Par, Par and tanked. Hardest course I've personally every played. I don't think it is especially difficult, but we had no GPS unit in the cart and 12 holes had elevated tee boxes, small landing areas, etc. Plus the winds were gusting up to 40 MPH. It was insane. Shot 49 on the front. Quit keeping score on hole 13. I didn't make a single par on the back. It was brutal. 

Playing Links at Summerly next Friday in Elsinoreish

On hole 8 - big elevated tee box, the consensus was that the center of the landing area (fairway) was approximately 260 Yards away. Hit 3-wood and went about 50 yards past the fairway and into the desert. 

One cool thing... The wind was so crazy, I hit a PW into a 191 Yard Par 3. Flew the green. lol

Hidden Valley... Isn't that the course with the hookers who blew dudes in the bathrooms?

I think they went as far as "hospitality" tents. I never liked the course, too many blind tee shots that the tee box aligned you to out of bounds. We used to play Cresta Verde in Corona that we called Crusty Dirty, the clubhouse back then was a double wide. Early bird back 9 was $9 bucks so we were always out there at dawn.

I am jealous of you guys getting to play. The last round I played took me only about 5 weeks of rehab to recover from. It should have been for alcoholism because of the round I shot but it was for my back. I ended up giving my clubs to Tank which I'm sure has been the reason he hasn't talked to me since.

I ended up giving my clubs to Tank which I'm sure has been the reason he hasn't talked to me since.

the 5 iron has a hook in it that i don't really appreciate. everything else seems acceptable. AIR gave me a putter that doesn't have any birdies in it, however, and i need to have a chat with him about that.

i will talk to you again some day.

i think.

maybe.

we'll see.