• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

• 2 weeks later...

I want to play so bad.  Seriously, frozen in Texas and tarps on greens for days and days, WTF?  I am not sure when MT ever gets to play if it is like this here. 

Last I played was our little club championship 6 weeks ago.  No this isn't Riviera or Sherwood but about 50 players there between open and net division at our little course.  I am in net obviously, open guys were usual low 70's, couple guys had under 70 one of the days. 

First day not too bad, shot 84 with 6 three putts and was in the running (my handicap is 14). Got closest to pin on 185 par 3 even against the open guys. 

Second day started with a 7,4,8,4,5,8....wanted to fake an injury and leave but ran into the cart girl at around 9:30am on the 7th tee.  There are two sisters out there, one a brunette and one a blonde who are beautiful and always run up and hug you.  I got a hug and then she said you need beer. Grabbed some heinekin and went birdie, par, birdie.  Finished front 45. Started the back birdie, par, birdie, par and limped in a 38 for an 83.  

Took second in net division and won one of those Taylor Made SLDR driver things, now have another driver I can't hit and an Odyssey Versa putter for the closest to the hole.   

Hi, my name is Kurt and when I golf I am an alcoholic or it doesn't work.  

• 1 month later...

Two things; one, the fairway was as hard and rolled as tight as the green, and two, my chipping sucked.  I more often than not will blade a chip and send the ball scooting further from the pin than when I started.  It's incredibly frustrating

Not to be that guy, but I had that problem a ton early on.  Found it was because I was lifting my head to see where I hit the ball before I hit it.  I practiced keeping my head down, and hitting more down on the ball and it fixed it.

Two things; one, the fairway was as hard and rolled as tight as the green, and two, my chipping sucked.  I more often than not will blade a chip and send the ball scooting further from the pin than when I started.  It's incredibly frustrating

well the fact that you made em is pretty damn impressive.   I find putting from the fairway/fringe really difficult for some reason.  messes with my head I guess.  I rely on chipping probably a lot more than I should

I just had this image in my head of you 50 yards out and breaking out your putter haha

Edited by Hollyw00d

Not to be that guy, but I had that problem a ton early on. Found it was because I was lifting my head to see where I hit the ball before I hit it. I practiced keeping my head down, and hitting more down on the ball and it fixed it.

I pull my head like it's my job. I need to practice/play more often to unlearn my bad habits. I have no doubt my chipping sucks (and my entire game, really) because I don't keep my head down

I really improved my chipping by watching how old dudes did it (no joke).   it's all about finesse and nice smooth, slow and controlled swing.   the backswing can't be rushed and the downswing especially must be controlled.   times when I really get it right, the ball just glides across the green so beautifully.   it's really one of my favorite shots to hit