• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

So I played at Wasatch Mountain State Park today

wasatch-golf_aerial1.jpg

The course is about 30 minutes from my house.  One of the prettiest courses around here.  The place was packed when I showed up.  They were finishing up the Utah Women's am on one 18 and having some corporate tourney on the other 18.  The first thing that went through my mind was "Damn, 5:30 round no doubt".  We start to play and it starts to drizzle on hole 2, not bad at all though.  On hole four the wind picks up and their is some lightning on the mountain tops.  People start to leave but we stayed but still are cautious to watch the lightning and storm moving through.  But the rain was forcing people off the course making into a three hour round which made me happy and once we got to hole 5 there was just a slight drizzle with no wind.  It was great.  A started out par, bogey, bogey (3 putt!), birdie, bogey, par.  Then the rain stops and we are on hole 7.  I stick one within 10 feet to a little mound green and the three guys with me are all at the base of the mound.  I am stoked because I could get to +1 through 7.  Anyways, I walk up to mark my ball and I am standing on the mound and the sky lights up, my hair on my arms stand on end and I feel the electrical rush and then boom, I hear the lightning.  I was freaking out and then I dropped to the ground and then the rain started to dump.  First time in my life I had felt the electrical current of lightning and I felt it before I heard the sound of thunder.  We picked up our balls and got out of there fast. 

So I have a raincheck for 18 holes back to wasatch mountains that I need to use within the next year.  

I could see myself pitching a tent over by the lake and just staying there a while. Golfing too. 

Kurt, there is a lake right on the south part of the course that they put planter rainbows in and you camp there.  We camp and play at a course about 1 1/2 hours south of us called Palisades State Park.

Palisade2.jpg

Fun little course and a cool lake that you can swim in, paddle boats, fishing boats, or kayak and then you can play golf with the unlimited greens fee.  Fun times.  They just built these 6 bed cabins (yes tank, we have to rent out 4-5) that you can rent for $45.  Almost cheaper than getting a camp site.  You can't beat fishing and golfing from sun up to sun down.   

Kurt, there is a lake right on the south part of the course that they put planter rainbows in and you camp there.  We camp and play at a course about 1 1/2 hours south of us called Palisades State Park.

Palisade2.jpg

Fun little course and a cool lake that you can swim in, paddle boats, fishing boats, or kayak and then you can play golf with the unlimited greens fee.  Fun times.  They just built these 6 bed cabins (yes tank, we have to rent out 4-5) that you can rent for $45.  Almost cheaper than getting a camp site.  You can't beat fishing and golfing from sun up to sun down.   

That would be sweet....get up and cast your line out in the morning then hit the course and cast out the F bomb....rinse repeat. Where do you live at?

Those are some beautiful courses.  I would be fine playing those over some big country club I am not a member of or can afford the green fees.  One day I will play Pebble on my bucket list but Pacific Grove down the street works fine for me.

Next summer I am going to Montana and a friends father has a house on the course then you raft and fish the river after your round. 

Shot 11-over 80 at Holywood Golf Club ( County Down, Northern Ireland) last Tues.  It's an executive-length parkland course (par 69), and is the home-course for Rory McIlroy (much like how Heartwell Park in Long Beach is where Tiger got his start).  No birdies, but I was happy with the round overall.  The fairways all sloped down-hill toward thick gorse/bushes, the greens were very good, and I only lost 3 balls.  A lot of the tee-shots were to blind fairways, sloping up-hill or in valleys, and I didn't realize that the yellow stakes are their 150 markers until I checked back into the pro shop after my first 9 (I started on the back because of a junior outing).

I'll try to post some pics soon, if I can transfer them from my phone.

Those are some beautiful courses. I would be fine playing those over some big country club I am not a member of or can afford the green fees. One day I will play Pebble on my bucket list but Pacific Grove down the street works fine for me.

Next summer I am going to Montana and a friends father has a house on the course then you raft and fish the river after your round.

Sounds great. ...... fly fishing?

Those are some beautiful courses.  I would be fine playing those over some big country club I am not a member of or can afford the green fees.  One day I will play Pebble on my bucket list but Pacific Grove down the street works fine for me.

Kurt, I could play that back nine at pacific grove every day

http://www.pggolflinks.com/virtual_tour/

The front looks pretty boring but the back looks great.  Seems like you can get a pretty sweet pass there.