• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

BTDT... many times.  In fact, that's how my great round was only another good round.  Don't get me wrong; I was thrilled to be able to score that low, but I always have at least one blow-up hole.  At Skylinks, it was a 3-over 7 on a fairly easy par-4.  My drive was long and in the fairway, leaving me about 100 yards into the green.  I nuked that wedge over the green, thinned the chip back over the green and into the bunker.  Got out of the bunker ok, just to three-putt the hole....

On Friday, on 18, I hit my best drive of the day, probably about 260 yards or more right down the middle.  Chunked the hell out of two iron shots, hit my wedge approach long then two chips and two putt for an 8.  I was that close to a sub 100 round.  Worst part was those were probably my first two real chunked iron shots.  Hit a couple fat that still went a good distance and hit probably 5 or 6 that went way right off the club (one almost took out Adam in the cart) but none that just ran 30 yards on the fairway.

I have bad knees and when the pain starts flaring up, I have to sit out a hole or two. I ended up playing eleven holes yesterday, and the 57 is my score for those holes.

And I did eat a hot dog yesterday. It was pretty good.

Loaded up a hot dog with everything other day and had to get to 10th tee.  Took off in cart driving and holding it in my left hand and gust of wind came up and slammed the plate into my face and all over the front of me.  I ate a hot dog also. 

I haven't played a round by myself in longer than usual but did play a two-man, 2-day tourney other day. They only let in 28 players so it was low-key and drew for partners so I ended up with the 25 handicap to go with my 13.  The guy with the 25 was pretty bad but may have been less than 25.  We played a shamble first day and shot 76 having to use 9 of his tee shots. Next day it was a regular scramble and shot 69 and we were paired with a 1 and 5 handicap and beat them.  Those guys may have cheated themselves the other way.  The guy who was a 1 could kick my ass but you still need to wow me more to be an actual 1.  The guy who was a 5 I was keeping up with.  They were probably more like 5 and 12....least they didn't sandbag.  Won $60 first day and $120 second day after $100 entry.  it was for a church, I gave all my winnings back. 

First time I played a shamble but I like scrambles better.

Ya Tyler, the guy I played with we just jelled well and we ended up shooting much better because we had no expectations and were having fun. The lower handicap guys got frustrated with themselves. I normally shoot from 80 to 90 any given time depending on the course. I play well in scrambles because I don't worry about my own score and have fun.