• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

I really improved my chipping by watching how old dudes did it (no joke).   it's all about finesse and nice smooth, slow and controlled swing.   the backswing can't be rushed and the downswing especially must be controlled.   times when I really get it right, the ball just glides across the green so beautifully.   it's really one of my favorite shots to hit

left arm straight, don't break the wrists, hit the ball on the downswing

• 2 weeks later...

Weird round at dos lagos today. Following a group of Asians, with a lady who was terrible. Playing through wasn't really an option as there was no place to go. Slow rounds are the norm here apparently. Today's round took over 5 hours which is not good and I never saw a marshall.

I started off bogey, triple, double bogey on the first three holes and ended the front nine +10. Shot 4 over on holes 4-9 and 3 putted # 9 which sucked.

I was pretty good on the back until I got to 16 where I shot a double bogey, par on 17 and found water on 18 to triple the finishing hole.

Shot a very decent 88 today on the round which I thought was great for not playing since the end of November and never playing Dos Lagos. I scrambled like heck out there and hit some pure 5 irons to keep the score somewhat low.

Edited by decinces11

45 on the front 9 at Dove on Monday.  One of the better 9 holes I've ever played.  1 quad, 1 triple, 2 bogies and 5 pars.  The triple had 3 shots from the same bunker and the quad had a 18 inch putt I should've made so there was room to shave a couple more shots off that score too!

Yep. Really wasn't that hard either. Just gotta be a good liar.

I actually haven't been out since the week of Thanksgiving. Holidays, moving, paying off debt. I bought a deal at San Juan Hills on one of those groupon type things last week. I think I'm gonna half-day it one day next week. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steve, didn't you say you worked at a golf course?  I work for myself and set my own schedule so goof off at the golf course a lot.  Friend of mine there got hurt in an accident so I told them I would fill in until he gets back.  I have never been on that side of the counter in the pro shop but it seems everyone who walks up has been lobotomized.  I may not last long because golfers are stupid, except for me.

Today I had a complaint filed: 

Him (with no tee time just showing up): I want to play

Me: we have a tournament going on, I can start tee times at 3

Him: so I can't play

Me: yes until after the tournament is done

Him: So there is a tournament

Me: Yes it should be over around 3

Him: Can't I just go out there, I won't be in their way

Me:  No it is open for tournament players only

Him: So you are telling me I can't play

Me: Check back later when it is done and I will try and get you out. 

Him: So those people out there I see are in the tournament and are here.

Me: Me no they are playing an on-line game from home and those are holograms.

Then he complained, LOL at golfers.