• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

That sounds like my round at Costa Mesa.    You're a pretty long bomber.   I would see the longer holes scoreable for you, that's not saying your short iron play is crap either.

I've had more improvement in the last twelve months than at any other point. Going to an overlap grip has been the biggest thing for me. When I miss, I hook. I tend to hit hooks with my shorter irons, which I did a lot of last round. Really need to work on intermediate to longer chips now. 

Set up a tee time for Sunday at Willowick for 10:45. I had a threesome reserved and called the pro shop today to change it to a foursome. The starter said bring as many people as I want so if anyone wants to play on Sunday, let me know. I have three buddies but two that may or may not be able to make it so if anyone wants to play, let me know.

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but I've always considered breaking 100 to be a good day for me. I was out in SoCal a few weeks ago and went to play a round with my cousin that works at Indian Palms in Indio. Managed to shoot a 46 on the back (Royal), so that felt good. I don't wish to talk about the front.

75 today.

Shooting in the mid 70's is great golf. I was never able to consistently break 80 even while playing everyday in high  school. I had one miracle round (4 birdies in a row) at La Mirada where I was -1 going into the last hole. That didn't end well.

Right now my game is so rusty I'd be happy to shoot bogey.

If I have time this winter I plan to borrow/rent a larger tractor and build a green and sand trap on some extra land I have. Maybe plant some tee boxes around the property. The longest shot from the very edge of the property would be about 220 yards.

Shooting in the mid 70's is great golf. I was never able to consistently break 80 even while playing everyday in high  school. I had one miracle round (4 birdies in a row) at La Mirada where I was -1 going into the last hole. That didn't end well.

If I have time this winter I plan to borrow/rent a larger tractor and build a green and sand trap on some extra land I have. Maybe plant some tee boxes around the property. The longest shot from the very edge of the property would be about 220 yards.

That would be awesome! You could make a Mini Par 3 course. Have. 220 tee box, a 180 tee box, 140 & 110...

That would be awesome! You could make a Mini Par 3 course. Have. 220 tee box, a 180 tee box, 140 & 110...

Shooting in the mid 70's is great golf. I was never able to consistently break 80 even while playing everyday in high school. I had one miracle round (4 birdies in a row) at La Mirada where I was -1 going into the last hole. That didn't end well.

Awesome

• 3 weeks later...

Played Arroyo Trabuco yesterday for the 1st time. Really nice golf course. Some course knowledge is important. Did not play well. Started Par, Bogey, Birdie then the wheels came off. Found a lot of bunkers, fairway and greenside and hit it into the shit off the tee a few times, but mostly troubles on the greens. Could not find the speed or really get any reads. 10 3-putts. Just brutal. Shot an even 100

Edited by Adam