• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I still predict that Pujols and the Halos will agree on how to pay out the remaining $59 million due for 2020-2021 (during ten year services contract?) , and then he will stop playing after 2019.     As Doc said, batting 5th until Ohtani returns, and then 6th.

I'm looking forward to Pujols becoming player/manager...and then putting himself in the 3rd slot.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, I just rebooted the server. 

We're all good now. Too many pages got cached from today and it has been about 8 weeks since my last server reboot, so it was due. :) 

And really, is there a better reason to have to reboot the server?

Gonna point out another gem @Jeff Fletcher had a few months back. Which really stood out (to me). 

He mentioned something along the lines of "do you think trout sees tyler skaggs the same as a fan does".

This was something everyone had to keep in mind all this time. Yes, he grew up in NJ, but he became an adult out here. Almost all his adult friendships and memories came from out here.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

It's a 10 year extension so why is it being reported as 12 years?  I guess they are just ignoring the 2 years Trout has left and it's easier that way. Still misleading though.

The Angels will nullify that possibility by ripping up the final two seasons of his six-year, $144.5 million deal and replacing it with the new 12-year deal through the 2030 season, sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26306935/sources-angels-trout-new-430m-deal

The news of this has provided me with lots of entertainment today.  All the opinions out there vary of course, but the most butt hurt and angry of them all i have observed, are both Philly and get this, Dodger fans.  The most common of the statements made are of course Trout will never win, and the team has and done nothing while he has been here.  These comments come from "well informed" baseball people that have zero idea whats been going on around here since the departure of DipShit.  There are a few so called "experts" in the media that have made the statements that we are in fact rebuilding the farm, and making strides to improve the team.  Typical Yankee, Boston, and Dodger fans answer is to just throw money at it.  Russo was a prime example of someone who lives in the east coast shell and has zero idea about the Angels and what is actually going on.

Just a brief tidbit of my thoughts....

Today has been a great entertainment day, have not had this much fun since the signing of Ohtani.