• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's not the same organization. What he likes about the Angels and living in Socal is different than what Baltimore offers. 

I meant from a team perspective. I think if we were bottom feeders and weren’t gonna be competitive for 4 or 5 years he would leave no matter how much he loves the location.

He knows we are really close to being a legit playoff team and that’s exciting. Just knowing he knows it makes me feel really good I don’t know why lol

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It just hit me that trout made this commitment when he has barely gotten to know ausmus. 

Not that that should/would be a huge concern, but it would suck if they turn around and hate each other.

or perhaps Trout signed the extension because Ausmus is the manager confused virtual reality GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

7 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Trout signing an extension has just deprived Heyman and others fodder for a couple of thousand articles in the coming 2 years - guess now they may have to write about, you know, actual things.

Who's running the pool on these media types first use of "albatross" to describe Trout's contract?  

If I had a Twitter account you know who I would direct this to.

Regardless what Heyman does this Spring, his neighbor will make a big play for his wife — provided he hasn’t already, of course. @jonheyman will try to keep his wife this summer, but while she likes it there, the whispers are that his neighbor is much better hung.

19 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Now they can focus on Betts leaving Boston in two years.

It's really going to be interesting to see if they play this up or not - unlike Trout who was always pretty mum other than "Obviously I want to win", there have already been signs of dissent coming from Betts himself.  He's essentially said he's waiting for a legit offer but none has come and that he suspects none will be coming this off-season.  

Imagine the narratives those Eastern media outlets would have created had that happened at any point with Trout.   In Trout you had a player who was given the biggest contract ever for a player with his service time and who was locked up for an additional two years.   Betts has been forced to go year to year, yes the team has won but does anyone think that if the situations were reversed the narrative wouldn't have been -- "Angels ride MT to the WS but refuse to commit the money he's rightfully earned" ???   You know they would have talked up the situation as if he had been massively slighted and the team wasn't showing him the respect/love'/loyalty that he deserved.

I believe the Red Sox will re-sign Betts because they seemingly learned a valuable lesson during the Lester dealings -- but to date it's not been handled anywhere near as cleanly as the Angels did the Trout situation and an argument could easily be made that Betts hasn't been treated as well as one would expect as a franchise player who played a key role in them making it to and winning a WS.