• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

Does anyone think Trout will ever get thrown out of a game???

I don’t know if I’m crazy but I vaguely remember during his rookie season he got called out stealing second on a close play and he jumped up and started yelling at the umpire. I swear this happened but can’t fins anything about it anywhere. Anyone else remember this or am I crazy? 

Im probably just crazy 

Interesting conversation last night.

The cliff notes.

1. Arte' dined privately with Mike the night before the meeting and expressed what the ORG felt about Mikes accomplishments up to this time and what he has the ability to do in the future. Discussion also included the direction of the ORG with the system and future acquisitions and that it all surrounded Mike. 

2. During final negotiations the team was at a lower amount and it came very close to being tabled. (More on this via PM to the AW admins they can decide if they wish to forward). 

3. There were conversations with 2 Franchise players who had been in contact about playing together. In Anaheim, not on the East coast. This is the hilarious post conversation....(same as above).

4. The final financials and terms didn't matter as Mike wanted to be here the entire time including finishing his career here. Mike also wasn't after being the first 500M player. (same as above) 

There is more. Some that were hilarious and a meltdown.

Let's just say, be thankful for the calming influence of Billy Eppler~

21 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The cliff notes.

1. Arte' dined privately with Mike the night before the meeting and expressed what the ORG felt about Mikes accomplishments up to this time and what he has the ability to do in the future. Discussion also included the direction of the ORG with the system and future acquisitions and that it all surrounded Mike. 

2. During final negotiations the team was at a lower amount and it came very close to being tabled. (More on this via PM to the AW admins they can decide if they wish to forward). 

3. There were conversations with 2 Franchise players who had been in contact about playing together. In Anaheim, not on the East coast. (same as above).

4. The final financials and terms didn't matter as Mike wanted to be here the entire time including finishing his career here. (same as above)

I am confused about #3.  Does that mean one of Machado or Harper were looking at coming to the Angels?  

26 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The cliff notes.

3. There were conversations with 2 Franchise players who had been in contact about playing together. In Anaheim, not on the East coast. This is the hilarious post conversation....(same as above).

4. The final financials and terms didn't matter as Mike wanted to be here the entire time including finishing his career here. Mike also wasn't after being the first 500M player. (same as above) 

also - is Arte prepping to lay out some serious cash in the near future?  

33 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The cliff notes.

Good stuff.

From my understanding, the line in the sand was drawn last year, with a specific number. I actually expected it to get done sooner.. was kind of worried when it didnt.

But maybe its because of number 3...

1 hour ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

The cliff notes.

Just to squash the rumors before they start, the meltdown was Trouts agent, when he asked @Tank at the beginning of negotiations if he was hungry, Tank politely said no, then he spent the next hour stealing del taco fries off of other peoples trays. And tank was like "if you dont want me eating fries, we should have gone to INO"

Here is a fun idea. If Trout ages gradually and gracefully and stays healthy ...

Age 27: 12 WAR.

Age 28: 11 WAR.

Age 29: 10 WAR

Age 30: 9 WAR

Age 31: 8 WAR

Age 32: 7 WAR

Age 33: 6 WAR

Age 34: 5 WAR

Age 35: 4 WAR.

Age 36: 3 WAR.

Age 37: 2 WAR.

Age 38: 1 WAR.

TOTAL: 78 WAR. 

CAREER SO FAR: 64 WAR.

OVERALL: 142 WAR.

This would put Trout 6th all time, behind Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and  Barry Bonds.

But with Bonds forever putting an asterisk by his name, Ruth and Cobb playing before anyone other than white people played, or the slider was invented, or anyone that threw 90, they're out of the argument. 

So it will come down to Mays, Trout and Aaron. And we can argue that for the rest of our days. 

43 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Here is a fun idea. If Trout ages gradually and gracefully and stays healthy ...

Age 27: 12 WAR.

Age 28: 11 WAR.

Age 29: 10 WAR

Age 30: 9 WAR

Age 31: 8 WAR

Age 32: 7 WAR

Age 33: 6 WAR

Age 34: 5 WAR

Age 35: 4 WAR.

Age 36: 3 WAR.

Age 37: 2 WAR.

Age 38: 1 WAR.

TOTAL: 78 WAR. 

CAREER SO FAR: 64 WAR.

OVERALL: 142 WAR.

This would put Trout 6th all time, behind Hank Aaron, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and  Barry Bonds.

But with Bonds forever putting an asterisk by his name, Ruth and Cobb playing before anyone other than white people played, or the slider was invented, or anyone that threw 90, they're out of the argument. 

So it will come down to Mays, Trout and Aaron. And we can argue that for the rest of our days. 

I think Trout will level off into a 3-5 WAR player into his mid/late thirties.  

the thing that bodes well for him is his ridiculous eye at the plate.  Even when he drops to being a .250-.260 hitter, his obp will still be in the .370-.400 range.  And I don't think his power is going to go away.  

he's still an amazing athlete and while his speed will be less of a factor I think he'll stay in good shape and play till 40/41.  

we're all so snake bit by Albert's decline, but it's not gonna be like that for Mike.  

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Locked up the GOAT for only 1 million more per year than what we were already paying. 

That is underrated. 

I always argued trout getting a raise would only add 5 mill a year give or take (i assumed 10 years 400).

To have it only go up by one... we done good.

10 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

12 more years of hearing Trout say "you know" 17 million times every time he talks. HA!  It's a word whisker that really bugs me for some reason.  His one major flaw?

I like when he says both "always respect the game" and "never disrespect the game" in the same answer to a question. I've seen him do it at least a few times.