• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Thaiss

failos

38 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s spring training, early spring training.  Pump the breaks. 

I think Thaiss is a decent prospect.  And it’s been fun following him this spring.  But he’s not exactly teeing off against super competitive competition.  

You’re right about being too early ... but I would consider him a lot more than a decent prospect. 

49 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You’re right about being too early ... but I would consider him a lot more than a decent prospect. 

It’s hard to call a 1B with a .785  OPS in the pacific league much more then a decent prospect.  

Don’t get me wrong.  I like him and think he has solidly better upside then that.  But there’s a reason he’s not a top 100 guy.  And it’s a fair one.  He hasn’t shown enough to be considered an elite prospect. 

I go back and forth on him.  I think he had a similar performance at the beginning of spring last year.  

It was a good call for him to change his swing in order to generate more power.  If he can combine that with a the higher obp he had earlier in his minor league career then I think he's got a solid chance of being an everyday player.  

17 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Thaiss will play if he performs and if Pujols/Bour don't produce. I can't imagine the team feels any loyalty to Bour, and #timesup for Pujols if he doesnt't perform.

Image result for this gif

He stands a good chance of getting a shot at 1b at some point soon.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Thaiss will play if he performs and if Pujols/Bour don't produce. I can't imagine the team feels any loyalty to Bour, and #timesup for Pujols if he doesn't perform.

I LOL'ed at that one and then rolled on the floor for good measure.

Albert will start 110 games this year no matter what.