• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the date of Trout's new extension with the Angels

Docwaukee

He'll sign an extension, or he won't. they'll let us know when they want us to know. trying to read between the lines on every line any sports write tweets out is just getting ridiculous. lets enjoy his next two years. its on him if he wants the security of an extension now. At the end of this contact, he'll have made 134 million. What more security or money does a guy like him need? 

1 minute ago, Dick Enberg said:

He'll sign an extension, or he won't. they'll let us know when they want us to know. trying to read between the lines on every line any sports write tweets out is just getting ridiculous. lets enjoy his next two years. its on him if he wants the security of an extension now. At the end of this contact, he'll have made 134 million. What more security or money does a guy like him need

Jered Weaver agrees.

I forgot to give my BS interpretation of Trout's quote from today.  

He's not worried about anything else but getting ready for baseball, because the extension has been done for about a week and he was just waiting for Harper to announce his deal.  Mike is a good guy and wants to give Bryce his day in the sun.  Announcement forthcoming.  

If you're Mike Trout and you want to remain an Angel, you sign the extension now - you don't wait another year with the current market trends. Not to mention that Trout is coming off two years in a row in which he was injured. Chances are he bounces back and plays his usual 155+, but what if he gets hurt again? 

If he's unsure and wants to see how the year plays out, fine, but that probably means the doubts go deep and he'll probably leave anyway.

I don’t want to jinx it, but I feel pretty good about Trout re-signing now that the Phillies signed Bryce Harper. Though, I find Arte’s comments a bit concerning...

I think it also depends a little bit upon the agent and the player. It's not like it's just us."

Don’t know why this rubbed me the wrong way.

Edited by failos

47 minutes ago, failos said:

I don’t want to jinx it, but I feel pretty good about Trout re-signing now that the Phillies signed Bryce Harper. Though, I find Arte’s comments a bit concerning...

Don’t know why this rubbed me the wrong way.

I think Arte is just saying if Trout pulls a Harper, it’s not like they can force him to stay. If he rejects any offer within reason, even if it exceeds any FA offers substantially, it’s still Trout’s choice at the end of the day.  

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

None of us know what Trout is thinking.  Even when he says something about contract talks or not having talks - we STILL don't know what he's thinking.... BUT some of you will pretend like you do.

So true.

Especially all those who think all Arte has to do is throw money at him and he cant' refuse an extension, 3000 miles away from what he calls home.

11 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

So true.

Especially all those who think all Arte has to do is throw money at him and he cant' refuse an extension, 3000 miles away from what he calls home.

Who can say no to the Magic Kingdom...?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Remember all this when he comes crawling back 

LOL, a guy that has created signs to take to games and usernames for personal use based on MLB players doesn't understand why people get so worked up about professional athletes..   

In other news, Beiber fans think Jonas brothers fans are dumb.

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL, a guy that has created signs to take to games and usernames for personal use based on MLB players doesn't understand why people get so worked up about professional athletes..   

In other news, Beiber fans think Jonas brothers fans are dumb.

It may please you to know that the Jonas brothers have announced they’re getting the band back together and will resume touring/recording.

i know, I’m thrilled about it, too!

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Trout will get so sick and tired of being inundated with free agency questions this season that he’ll sign an extension before this Thanksgiving.

you couldn't have said St Patrick's Day, eh? 

thanks a lot, pal. 

10 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

So true.

How far is Philly from Las Vegas, 2,600 miles from Harper's home?

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

How far is Philly from Las Vegas, 2,600 miles from Harper's home?

My bad. The personalities of Harper and Trout are SOOOOO similar. Same with Machado.

What was I thinking? 

Trout is different than Machado and Harper when it pleases the AW chorus and the same as Machado and Harper if that validates their argument. 

The premature splooge-fest on AW over the "unconfirmed rumor" post is rather indicative of the anxiety that is clouding reason, here. Trout was all but at the podium, accepting the Angels' extension, with the reaction that got. You guys already shot your wad, man!!