• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the date of Trout's new extension with the Angels

Docwaukee

Sure Trout's response isn't music to our ears but what is he really supposed to say when asked that question?

Could he say, "Ya, I saw how Free Agency played out this year and I want to negotiate an extension now" sure he could, but why would he?

Instead he gave the standard ball player answer, "I don't want to talk about it I just want to play ball".

I'm sure he has been advised to not talk about negotiations with the media by either his agent and/or the FO.

Trout has never been great at interviews and he is obviously uncomfortable talking about the subject I think this is just an example of Trout not being able to dodge the question as best he could. 

History has shown that Trout does negotiate in the Spring, so maybe he really does want to leave. I still think it is much more likely that he is just deflecting the extension questions as best he can and he will sign this spring. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

It’s weirdly nice to know that he’s out there, still shitting on the Angels.  Do you Claude.  Do you.  

He deleted his Trout tweet just recently. He believes Trout is going to leave and join the Phillies, that Arte doesn't have enough $$$ to pay him. That he's right to listen to his agent and no sign a contact in ST or the regular season. Gruff

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sounds like he's telling the media to shut their yaps and let him play. 

I agree. I think it’s more Trout’s way to say he’s not going to negotiate this through the media. I think it will get done. We’ve already seen that money and security seem to be more important than location.

Maybe Trout wants to play a season under the new manager and new approach before making his decision.

Maybe he isn’t talking about it or negotiating because his agent is.

Maybe the deal is done and he doesn’t need to discuss it until it’s announced Anaheim in front of the fans.

Maybe he thinks Harper is as big of a douche as we do and doesn’t want to spend the rest of his career with him.

Maybe he is just as sick of answering questions about it every day... a lot more now that Manny and Harper have signed.

Maybe 

Maybe

Maybe.

Per the quote from Maria, Trout didn't even say anything about his preference.  Only that it's spring training and he's focused on getting ready for the season.  

This is much ado about nothing.  

Maybe if the national media keeps hounding him it'll make him that much more inclined to not what to deal with that for 2 years.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Per the quote from Maria, Trout didn't even say anything about his preference.  Only that it's spring training and he's focused on getting ready for the season.  

This is much ado about nothing.  

Maybe if the national media keeps hounding him it'll make him that much more inclined to not what to deal with that for 2 years.  

Only gonna get worse over the next year. Want to shut down the questions? Sign an extension now!

You know I’ve been here for 6 years, hardly ever post but come on here everyday to keep up on Angel news and get a good laugh in at people here blowing everything out of proportion. It’s some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen. So thanks for that.

I think this is what the Angels told Trout to say when these questions get brought up. We all know he’s horrible at interviews and has an even worse poker face. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trouts with Moreno and Eppler everyday discussing a contract. 

28 minutes ago, Bronson said:

and get a good laugh in at people here blowing everything out of proportion. It’s some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen. 

couldn't agree with you more 

2 hours ago, Sully151 said:

Maybe Trout wants to play a season under the new manager and new approach before making his decision.

Maybe he isn’t talking about it or negotiating because his agent is.

Maybe the deal is done and he doesn’t need to discuss it until it’s announced Anaheim in front of the fans.

Maybe he thinks Harper is as big of a douche as we do and doesn’t want to spend the rest of his career with him.

Maybe he is just as sick of answering questions about it every day... a lot more now that Manny and Harper have signed.

Maybe 

Maybe

Maybe.

Another maybe:

By waiting another year, it adds another free agency class to bump contact values up yet again before signing an extension.