• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the date of Trout's new extension with the Angels

Docwaukee

On 2/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Time to re-calibrate?

I'll say next Friday, March 8. 

Machado got 10/$300M, an AAV of $30M. Harper got 13/$330M, an AAV of $25.4M.

What complicates things is Trout getting 13 years and a lower AAV than expected.

But it is hard imagining Trout not getting the highest AAV ever. $35M does the trick. I think the Angels give him 10/$350M added onto his current contract, so 12/$418M through his age 39 season. They might have gotten away with adding 8 years for 10 total, but I think Harper's contract gets him an extra couple years.

We have a winner before this thread deteriorated into something else. Angelsjunky at 12/418. I was a close second at 11/415.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:07 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t get what the benefit of offering him early opt outs is ? Isn’t it frustrating enough worrying about him bouncing now ? Why would the team do that.  If they give him an opt out give one, in the middle of the contract when he’s like 32 or 33. I even hate that.  Other then that it’s dumb.  If the team is going to throw that kind money at him and make that kind of commitment then the player shouldn’t have escape hatches all over the contract so the team is constantly black mailed.  Commit or don’t.  

Trout is an important piece of the Angels history and is almost certainly the clubs greatest player.  Make him an Angels for life and be done with it.  It’s good for him, it’s good for the club and it’s good for the fans. 

Nice work buddy. 

On February 28, 2019 at 11:47 PM, Dochalo said:

How much would would you add on to the end of Trout's contract to avoid an opt out?  

instead of 8/350 with an opt out, would you do 10/375 and no opt out?  

hell no!

too much money. 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, Stradling said:

I think I over projected what Trout will get annually, when I said $41 million a year for 9 years or 9 years $369.   He might be closer to 10 years $360 million.  

Damn I was pretty close and I picked the 22nd.