• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the date of Trout's new extension with the Angels

Docwaukee

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

My bad. The personalities of Harper and Trout are SOOOOO similar. Same with Machado.

What was I thinking? 

Trout is different than Machado and Harper when it pleases the AW chorus and the same as Machado and Harper if that validates their argument. 

The premature splooge-fest on AW over the "unconfirmed rumor" post is rather indicative of the anxiety that is clouding reason, here. Trout was all but at the podium, accepting the Angels' extension, with the reaction that got. You guys already shot your wad, man!! 

Agreed. This is the mistake people on this board make "Harper did it, so will Trout." Ya because every player is the same right? 

Trout seems like a very close family man, and someone who puts family time above money. I doubt his family enjoys not being able to see him 90% of the time during the season and staying up till 1 a.m. to watch angel games.

9 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

My bad. The personalities of Harper and Trout are SOOOOO similar. Same with Machado.

What was I thinking? 

Trout is different than Machado and Harper when it pleases the AW chorus and the same as Machado and Harper if that validates their argument. 

The premature splooge-fest on AW over the "unconfirmed rumor" post is rather indicative of the anxiety that is clouding reason, here. Trout was all but at the podium, accepting the Angels' extension, with the reaction that got. You guys already shot your wad, man!! 

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Agreed. This is the mistake people on this board make "Harper did it, so will Trout." Ya because every player is the same right? 

Trout seems like a very close family man, and someone who puts family time above money. I doubt his family enjoys not being able to see him 90% of the time during the season and staying up till 1 a.m. to watch angel games.

chris farley idiot GIF

17 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

What was I thinking? 

You and Jars really want Trout gone, don't you?

Because fulfilling a narrative is better than being a fan. 

F*ck the both of you.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

I probably see Mike Trout’s dad more than I see my own while covering the Angels. 

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

F*ck the both of you.

Doesnt really matter what we want. What matters is what Trout wants.

Keeping the narrative on AW on an even keel about Trout and the team is actually more important than where Trout goes, to me. I cant control what he decides, but I can HOPE to bring some reason to the board I choose to talk baseball on. Yes, BASEBALL, not necessarily all-things-Angels. Being a fan of one team is ludicrous to me, with as great as this sport is and with as fickle as fortune shines on teams. Doesnt Arte know. FAN-aticism is for religious zealots.

I think I've mentioned before that no matter where Trout goes, as long as it isnt another West Coast team besides the Angels, It's win-win for me. If he stays, he stays with the team that I've followed the closest for about the last 38 years (though Arte's tenure has tried that mightily!). If he goes east, he is in a more favorable time zone with no blackouts in the area I live in. I get to see him more.

The issue isn’t what we think Trout might or might not do: We already know. He already signed an extension. That proves he wasn’t dying to play in Philly. He was reportedly willing to sign a career contract at that time. IOW, Philly isn’t something he’s been committed to. 

Could that have changed for some reason? Sure - the rebuild, his wife wanting to be closer to home, his brother-in-law’s death, feeling like he’s given Anaheim enough - any of those could make him feel like it’s time to move on. But I doubt it. And his past contract history showed a prior willingness to stay. Which means you guys are taking a glass half empty approach based on zero evidence other than your own pessimism. 

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Bryce just mentioned in his news conference there’s another guy available in two years and will see what happens with him. Lol 

OMG, "the weeping and the gnashing of teeth" has clearly  just begun on AW!! Bryce the Harper won't stop Harping on this until Trout signs SOMEWHERE.

Best to stow firearms and opioids out of reach of the foot soldiers of AW.

10 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

The issue isn’t what we think Trout might or might not do: We already know. He already signed an extension. That proves he wasn’t dying to play in Philly. He was reportedly willing to sign a career contract at that time. IOW, Philly isn’t something he’s been committed to. 

Could that have changed for some reason? Sure - the rebuild, his wife wanting to be closer to home, his brother-in-law’s death, feeling like he’s given Anaheim enough - any of those could make him feel like it’s time to move on. But I doubt it. And his past contract history showed a prior willingness to stay. Which means you guys are taking a glass half empty approach based on zero evidence other than your own pessimism. 

Well, I think signing a contract that takes away a lot of your arb years is very different than signing a contract as a free agent. Even with that contract, he knew he would still be a young free agent. It was the best of both worlds. Who wouldn't sign that?

13 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

OMG, "the weeping and the gnashing of teeth" has clearly  just begun on AW!! Bryce the Harper won't stop Harping on this until Trout signs SOMEWHERE.

Why do you continue?  Are you not sure whether everyone heard your point the previous 1,245,576,987,455,298 times?

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Doesnt really matter what we want. What matters is what Trout wants.

So, if you truly believe what you're saying then you know the best course of action is to let the situation play itself out and not pretend to know what Trout is thinking, wanting, etc etc., as you have been doing.  Everyone is going to have an opinion on those things and most of them will think they are right -- welcome to message board 101. 

This topic will be tremendously opinionated on both sides until it gets resolved.

38 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Keeping the narrative on AW on an even keel about Trout and the team is actually more important than where Trout goes, to me. I cant control what he decides, but I can HOPE to bring some reason to the board I choose to talk baseball on. Yes, BASEBALL, not necessarily all-things-Angels. Being a fan of one team is ludicrous to me, with as great as this sport is and with as fickle as fortune shines on teams. Doesnt Arte know. FAN-aticism is for religious zealots.

The idea that you consider yourself the voice of reason or a beacon of objectivity is comical.  I can't remember how many different times you've chimed in with an opinion built upon a false narrative only to ignore the facts when they are presented to you -- not opinions mind you, but actual empirical evidence completely devoid of any fanaticism.   At best you're a skeptic and that's that's cool, but spare us the self-fellating bullshit... It comes across about as genuine or intelligent as Madonna's fake English accent.  Most of the time when you're pretending you're clued in, it comes off as nothing other than an attempt to goad homers into emotional responses, it's childish but it's not my place to judge how other people go about getting their jollies., Captain Hubris.

In short... Being a smug asshat doesn't equate being reasonable.  Believing yourself capable of (or it being your place to) bringing "balance" to fanatical zealots is hilariously self important. 

You can fight stupid with facts, but zealots are gonna zealot.  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Most of the time when you're pretending you're clued in, it comes off as nothing other than an attempt to goad homers into emotional responses, it's childish

Case in point...

21 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

marlon brando eye roll GIF

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, I think signing a contract that takes away a lot of your arb years is very different than signing a contract as a free agent. Even with that contract, he knew he would still be a young free agent. It was the best of both worlds. Who wouldn't sign that?

Because he was willing to sign a career deal. Arte was the one who nixed that idea at the time. And you’re underrating signing away FA years - Harper never did that. Neither did Machado. 

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

F*ck the both of you.

I'm not sure how you reached this conclusion since I repeatedly said that the only player I would ever give a 10 year contract to is Trout.

The only thing I want to add to this is that you need to think about a player’s life from April-September. Half the time he’s on the road and the rest of the time he’s at the ballpark or on his way to the ballpark 10 hours a day. And a lot of the rest of the time he’s asleep. 

Youre also talking about maybe 90 days a year for 10 years, till he’s maybe 39.

He’s going to have about 40-50 years after he’s done playing to spend 365 days a year wherever he wants and doing whatever he wants. 

I don’t think any player would really put “being close to my parents” above things like money, winning and the overall baseball environment (teammates, organization, etc.)

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

So what you are saying is he wouldn't be driving from Philly to Millville after home games. 

So if he were to think in terms of quality of life for those 81 home games he has to decide between Philadelphia or Newport Beach. 

Looks like this discussion is over. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

So what you are saying is he wouldn't be driving from Philly to Millville after home games. 

So if he were to think in terms of quality of life for those 81 home games he has to decide between Philadelphia or Newport Beach. 

Looks like this discussion is over. 

It’s actually not that far.  But I still think he stays in Anaheim. 

1FB815F7-C312-43D5-A31C-746C8B6D59B9.jpeg

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

Why do you continue?  Are you not sure whether everyone heard your point the previous 1,245,576,987,455,298 times?

It seems not.

Still, I'm 1,245,576,987,455,298 x 10 mentions behind the other side, so I have some catching up to do. Thanks for the motivation, though. Gotta get crackin'.