• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the date of Trout's new extension with the Angels

Docwaukee

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I am gonna go with 3/24/2019.  Announced before the ST game at Anaheim stadium vs. the the Dogs.  

Terms?  

8/340 opt out after 2023

Something like this, or not at all   Those are my 2 predictions. 
Once Harper is done, with the big 2 FA and Arenado done, the market is set.

I'll go with November of 2020.  He'll have a frame of reference with Machado, Harper and Arenado extensions, and will have experienced the Angels run through the 2020 playoffs with young stars like Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Jahmai Jones and Griffin Canning all playing key parts.  Trout wants to win and he will see that the Angels are positioned to win for the next half decade, and by dragging out the extensions negotiations to the point before they break for free agency, his agent will have successfully driven the price up to its optimum point, which makes the 8 year, 350 million dollar extension one that he will accept. 

It'll happen during the ten day negotiating period the Angels will have with him before other teams are able to negotiate with him.  An 11th hour deal is better than none at all. 

3/22/2019. I think it gets done before this ST ends. By then, all the necessary players (ie Machado, Arenado, Harper)  will have signed to give Arte and Trout the best idea of what he is in line for. No reason to wait until after this season. 8/$330. 

Well to get him to $500M in total career earnings he needs to sign an 8-year, $356M extension that begins at the end of his current contract, so that is where I have now landed. Previously I quoted 12 years, $500M so it is quite shy of that in-total but still rewards Trout for being the best player in the game.

Oh and he will sign it shortly after Harper cements his deal to ensure that he gets paid more than Bryce.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I'll go with November of 2020.  He'll have a frame of reference with Machado, Harper and Arenado extensions, and will have experienced the Angels run through the 2020 playoffs with young stars like Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh, Jahmai Jones and Griffin Canning all playing key parts.  Trout wants to win and he will see that the Angels are positioned to win for the next half decade, and by dragging out the extensions negotiations to the point before they break for free agency, his agent will have successfully driven the price up to its optimum point, which makes the 8 year, 350 million dollar extension one that he will accept. 

It'll happen during the ten day negotiating period the Angels will have with him before other teams are able to negotiate with him.  An 11th hour deal is better than none at all. 

That ten day period doesn't exist anymore. Players are free agents immediately after the World Series.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

If he waits that long, there is zero chance he’s coming back. 

8 years and $375K - opt out every two years. the $375K would move him past the 1/2 billion dollars earned in his career, if the extension beings after his current contract. if he signs an extension, it will be January of 2020. by then he'll see first hand how these kids are developing and who the Angels sign as a free agent after the 2019 season. Plus, he'll know if the Angels are serious about moving to LB or another area. I really think Trout would prefer to stay and play at the Big A. 

I don’t get what the benefit of offering him early opt outs is ? Isn’t it frustrating enough worrying about him bouncing now ? Why would the team do that.  If they give him an opt out give one, in the middle of the contract when he’s like 32 or 33. I even hate that.  Other then that it’s dumb.  If the team is going to throw that kind money at him and make that kind of commitment then the player shouldn’t have escape hatches all over the contract so the team is constantly black mailed.  Commit or don’t.  

Trout is an important piece of the Angels history and is almost certainly the clubs greatest player.  Make him an Angels for life and be done with it.  It’s good for him, it’s good for the club and it’s good for the fans. 

Edited by UndertheHalo