• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

I don't think there is much comparison at all between Yang and Trump. I don't really agree with either of them much politically but I do respect Yang's ability to look at things logically, analytically and based on factual information. He clearly is too ambitious to accomplish his platform, just think of what Obama and Trump accomplished based on their rather large platforms. Yang might do well to try and focus on a few proposals that move the needle rather than trying to rewrite the entire economy. 

The comparison is entrepreneurial types pushing that platform as non-government types willing to shake the system up opposed to run of the mill career politicians. Both also have very ambitious items that will be hard to pass, but it is different ideology compared to other candidates......Yang with his stipend and Trump with his wall.

I think there is quite a bit to compare the two as far as their platform, direction, and how they handle the narrative towards their running.

You're already starting to see candidates shift their dialogue. Elizabeth Warren started talking about breaking up huge companies after Yang mentioned the power struggle between 1% and middle class for his initiatives. It will make for interesting points and how it shifts people more likely to win the election. I think at a bare minimum Yang is going to change the dialogue the same way Trump did when he ran and won.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't think there is much comparison at all between Yang and Trump. I don't really agree with either of them much politically but I do respect Yang's ability to look at things logically, analytically and based on factual information. He clearly is too ambitious to accomplish his platform, just think of what Obama and Trump accomplished based on their rather large platforms. Yang might do well to try and focus on a few proposals that move the needle rather than trying to rewrite the entire economy. 

Funny enough, the US got very close to implementing UBI under Nixon.  It’s really not that wild of an idea.  Certainly not a new one. 

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Beto has thrown his hat in the ring.

I think it's too soon, but who am I to pontificate on such matters. I'm an old, white man. 

He'd make a good VP candidate with Biden, in my opinion.

Can Fauxbama bring back hope & change?

14 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Beto has thrown his hat in the ring.

I think it's too soon, but who am I to pontificate on such matters. I'm an old, white man. 

He'd make a good VP candidate with Biden, in my opinion.

i agree with it being too soon, he should have waiting till 24.  I really want to like this guy but man oh man he just kills me right out of the gate om illegal immigration and gun control. 
As for Biden, if they go that route they might as well not bother.   That man is the worst of Palin and Trump in one package, a pervy idiot. 

31 minutes ago, Rico said:

Trump obsessed with Beto's big hands.

Ive said many times, the best thing anyone can do for Trump is get his ass out of social media and limit his speaking to the press... he is quite literally his own worst enemy in that regard.  Even when hes right he sounds like a blithering idiot.  Not that he is in this case as im a hand talker as well :)

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Ive said many times, the best thing anyone can do for Trump is get his ass out of social media and limit his speaking to the press... he is quite literally his own worst enemy in that regard.  Even when hes right he sounds like a blithering idiot.  Not that he is in this case as im a hand talker as well :)

40% of the country eats up everything he posts on social media and thinks he's a god. Another 40 percent get outraged about everything he says.

He knows exactly what he's doing.

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

40% of the country eats up everything he posts on social media and thinks he's a god. Another 40 percent get outraged about everything he says.

He knows exactly what he's doing.

Well all i can say to that is that life in that middle 20% is maddening :) 
I think Trump is a disgrace, but im even more irritated at the Dems for falling over themselves to make the same mistakes instead of making an effort to actually be better .

Huh.Go figure
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-politics-beto-orourke/

Some things you might know about Beto O’Rourke, the former Texas congressman who  just entered the race for president:

• The Democratic contender raised a record amount for a U.S. Senate race in 2018 and almost beat the incumbent in a Republican stronghold, without hiding his support for gun control and Black Lives Matter protests on the football field.

• When he was younger, he was arrested on drunk-driving charges and played in a punk band. Now 46, he still skateboards.

• The charismatic politician with the Kennedy smile is liberal on some issues and libertarian on others, which could allow him to cross the country’s political divide.

One thing you didn’t know: While a teenager, O’Rourke acknowledged in an exclusive interview, he belonged to the oldest group of computer hackers in U.S. history.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

How can you be so outwardly ‘pro worker’ yet having working conditions so bad that your campaign is the first in over 200 years of American history to feel the need to unionize? This dude can’t even manage a team of workers typically made up of volunteers and he wants to be president?

Beto is apologizing all over the place for his writings from days gone by. He liked to imagine killing a whole bunch of people, including children. Some sick stuff.

Oh, and that burglary arrest and DUI conviction, not to mention the years of hacking into computers. NY Times says he was simply a "rebel-in-moderation". They love him of course.

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Beto is apologizing all over the place for his writings from days gone by. He liked to imagine killing a whole bunch of people, including children. Some sick stuff.

Oh, and that burglary arrest and DUI conviction, not to mention the years of hacking into computers. NY Times says he was simply a "rebel-in-moderation". They love him of course.

Wow, kinda makes him sound like a sociopath... He'll fit right in!