• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

On 3/30/2019 at 10:51 PM, Tank said:

it's amazing to me that our country made a sitcom out of a nazi death camp.

and it was pretty darn funny, too.

The actors who played Klink and Schultz escaped from the Nazis with their families, and Robert Clary, another actor in the show, was a survivor of the death camps.

I see that the list of Democratic 2020 contenders that would sign a bill to study and consider reparations has grown fairly lengthy - Buttiege, Klobuchar, Warren, Castro, Harris, Sanders. and Beto.  Sharpton has done a good job of getting them all on record at his NAN conference.  

33 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

I see that the list of Democratic 2020 contenders that would sign a bill to study and consider reparations has grown fairly lengthy - Buttiege, Klobuchar, Warren, Castro, Harris, Sanders. and Beto.  Sharpton has done a good job of getting them all on record at his NAN conference.  

Got to love election cycle pandering 

On 4/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, mtangelsfan said:

It wasn't a nazi death camp, 

No, but it still seems like an odd premise for a sitcom. The war had only been over for 20 years when it premiered.

My parents went to a play at a dinner theater in Jacksonville that Bob Crane appeared in. When they got ready to leave, it was pouring rain. They decided to wait inside until it slowed down. Bob Crane came out into the lobby and talked to them for about an hour. Needless to say, they were big fans after that.

Hogan's Heroes was at the end of the run of WWII television series like Combat, Garrison's Gorillas (yeah they misspelled the title) and The Rat Patrol. The strong feelings towards Germany has started to wane and producers felt that a comedy could be made if they used the right cast. They were right. McCale's Navy was also a popular sitcom at the time. 

But back then people didn't start some social media blitz to crucify what they felt was injurious to their feelings. Society was a little more even keeled. 

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Any reason they shouldn't?

Loss of rights via due process. I'm OK with them not voting. They are, in no way, going to contribute to society while they are incarcerated so why should they have a say in an election? Once their records are clean and they do their time they should have their rights restored.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Loss of rights via due process. I'm OK with them not voting. They are, in no way, going to contribute to society while they are incarcerated so why should they have a say in an election? Once their records are clean and they do their time they should have their rights restored.

If contributing to society is a prerequisite for voting rights then the vote cast totals would be in the low teens in any given election. Either you're a citizen or you're not