• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

God if this is truly the field, can someone please but giant meteor or the big quake on the ballot, that ticket would have my vote at this point... man just when you think it cant get any worse, the DNC says "hold my beer" 

Adam already sent a pic of his but giant meteor. 

4 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I love the seeming prevalence of people who apparently agree with (insert relevant candidate here)'s positions more than those of just about everyone else, but you'd have to drag them to hell and back before they'd vote for that same person. 

When you look at it objectively the pole shows a percentage of agreement but not necessarily if that is the core make or break for any individual candidate. 

It's like agreeing on many suggestions for dinner but you'll be damned if you want creamed spinach any where's near you. 

Yang has some real intellect but has not done enough to explain how UBI or The Freedom Dividend ($1000.00/month) would really work.  After watching the rather lengthy video I am still not sure what government wage supports other than food stamps (SNAP) are subtracted from the $1000.00 monthly benefit. Also unclear is what you have to do to be eligible - all US citizens 18 years or older?  I like the idea of taxing robot trucks per mile driven, Facebook ad dollars, online retail transactions etc., but how much are these taxes (as this will ultimately end up being passed on to the consumers).  The rather scary prospect of 83% of all jobs paying $20.00/hour being eliminated by 2030 by AI will lead to a lot more Trump voters.  I like his honesty denying the quick answer of government assisted retraining not being much of an answer.  3.5 million 50 year old truck drivers  and the attendant truck stop employees and waitresses do not appear to be good candidates for jobs in the new economy as most of these folks only graduated from High School.  Yang's message needs to be simplified and fleshed out as the effects of AI and automation are already in the third inning and we need to change something to avoid a very large underemployed and unhappy bunch of citizens.  

After looking at Yang's website, I can at least understand a few more features of the UBI.  In all cases, you get the $1000.00 but you must give up any government wage supports.  So the UBI is not added on to get you to $1000.00 but rather it is either/or.  I like the simplicity of this approach but there obviously need to be safeguard/controls to keep people from double dipping.  

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Andrew Yang did a Reddit AMA. I like many of his proposals.

I checked it out as well.  He’s my favored guy.  I’m just hopeful he’ll have an opportunity to be heard once the country goes into the circus that the 2020 cycle is going to be. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

If you replaced welfare assistance with straight cash that seems like a decent thing to do in a pragmatic sense but, a huge percentage of those former welfare people are just going to by drugs, booze, rims, phones and scratchers. They’re not eating, not feeding their kids, not paying rent, etc. they’ll keep their UBI and the government will reinstitute welfare programs.