• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

I know people will disagree with this, but I truly do thing that Marsh could be on a similar tier project as Adell or a step down. We know that both can hit, Marsh has better plate discipline, and adell has alot more power. the only thing that's holding Marsh back is that Power,  it it could develop and with the juice balls he could be a potential 30 homerun hitter.

Dudes hitting close to 400, with more walks than Ks, he definitely catching attention....and if he isn't in the top 60, that's some Bs.

^I think he's within spitting distance, but what separates Adell for me is that he has periods of truly jaw-dropping play. Marsh is pretty consistent, especially after his injury earlier this year, but he hasn't (yet) totally dominated the opposition like Adell has done at times.

Both still have wide ranges of outcomes. Adell's upper end is higher than Marsh's, but if, for instance, Adell reaches more of a mid-range outcome and Marsh fully optimizes, they'll be similar caliber players.

To put it another way, I can see Marsh being anything from a very good platoon/4th outfielder like Goodwin was this year to a bonafide star outfielder, or 2-5ish WAR. Adell's low end is as a talented but flawed starting outfielder with power but tons of strikeouts and bad plate discipliine, to a bonafide superstar, or 2-7ish WAR.

The likely positive outcome (imo) is that Marsh becomes a good player to borderline star (3-5 WAR), hits something like .290/.370/.480 with 20-25 HR and 20 2B, and Adell becomes a true all-star (4-6 WAR), hits .270/.340/.560 with 35-40 HR and 20 SB. Both could be worse or better, but that's what I see if their current developmental trajectories continue.

7 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t have any contacts in the baseball world so I don’t know, but do general managers casually chat it up and discuss other teams managerial situations and owners like that?

No, not all of them. But I know Dipoto pretty well from his years with the Angels and him coming out to our events and I can tell you he likes to talk. 

15 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t have any contacts in the baseball world so I don’t know, but do general managers casually chat it up and discuss other teams managerial situations and owners like that?

I only have a couple of active contacts left, none if which are employed by the Angels. But during the Dipoto regime, this organization couldn't keep anything a secret, not to me or anyone else.  Dipoto himself was a leak. He'd talk to the media "anonymously" and manipulate it to his advantage.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I only have a couple of active contacts left, none if which are employed by the Angels. But during the Dipoto regime, this organization couldn't keep anything a secret, not to me or anyone else.  Dipoto himself was a leak. He'd talk to the media "anonymously" and manipulate it to his advantage.

Ditto -- most of the people I knew in the system had been weeded out by JD or moved on when they had started to downsize their scouting dept..   But your comments were exactly the picture being painted by people in the Cinci, Yankees, and Red Sox systems of which only the Red Sox people had formerly been with the Angels.

As far as your comment about JD, Jeff Fletcher almost said as much once when asked about how easy it was to get access to info previously.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Ditto -- most of the people I knew in the system had been weeded out by JD or moved on when they had started to downsize their scouting dept..   But your comments were exactly the picture being painted by people in the Cinci, Yankees, and Red Sox systems of which only the Red Sox people had formerly been with the Angels.

As far as your comment about JD, Jeff Fletcher almost said as much once when asked about how easy it was to get access to info previously.

But, but, Dumbpoto was the smartest guy in the room.      Must have been an awfully small room. 

57 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Mine were all given their notices the year Dipoto left. Most have been hired by other organizations, though all but two haven't managed to promote.

The front office industry is a competitive one and for the right positions, turnover is minimal. But scouting.... There's a ton of turnover there. The pay is criminal.