• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Say what you will about my profession, but I just got a 6% raise and I still get summers and holidays off. 

Never going back to elementary though. Lower pay, no prep period, longer hours, and nothing but lack of accountability and drama down there.

He was referencing an opinion from the Hangout Forum.  

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I fully expect Marsh to be a top 30 prospect at the beginning of 2020. Dude just has it. 

He won't be top 30 on any major list. Realistically, he might be borderline top 50 - but most of the top 20-30 prospects in baseball have had at least one jaw-dropping campaign at a level higher than their age. Marsh was very good in 2019, but not quite top 30 good.

That said, he could and should skyrocket in 2020, especially if his power develops in Salt Lake. I fully expect hiim to be top 50 by the end of the year, maybe even top 20. That's assuming he's not in Anaheim, andd I wouldn't be surprised to see him come up shortly after Adell.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Adell has probably moved up a spot or two as well.

Similarly with Adell. If you look at MLB Pipeline, they have:

1. Wander Franco

2. Gavin Lux

3. Luis Robert

4. Mackenzie Gore

5. Jo Adell

I tihnk Franco is the easy top prospect in all of baseball. The dude hit .327/.398/.487 in A/A+ as an 18-year old, with solid defense at shortstop. Lux hit .347/.421/.607  as a 21-year old in AA/AAA, and also probably gets the edge on Adell, if only because he's more fully developed and a better command of the strikezone, and thus a much higher floor than Aell with a similar ceiling. Robert is a bit more comparable to Adell, although also had a much better year, hitting .328/.376/.624 in AA/AAA as a 21-year old. That's about what I'd expect from Adell if he plays all of 2020 in AAA. Gore is the best pitching prospect in baseball and had a great year, so I'm OK with him being above Adell. 

All things tolled, I agree with MLB's ranking: Adell is the 5th best prospect in baseball.