• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think that's mostly visual: white guy with a lumbersexual vibe. Marsh has more plate discipline and is a better defender. Plus, Blackmon is at least partially a Coors product (.349 BA home, .261 away  for his career). He's probably a .280/.330/.450 type elsewhere. 

Freddie Freeman if he adds some loft.  ?

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Two names from a few years ago, but adjusted for a non-roid era: Rusty Greer, Brian Giles.

Why don't you just list out every decent lefthanded bat in the history of the game? Some guy will stick. lol

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I think that's mostly visual: white guy with a lumbersexual vibe.

Hahahahahahaaha, great! :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Marsh has more plate discipline and is a better defender. Plus, Blackmon is at least partially a Coors product (.349 BA home, .261 away  for his career). He's probably a .280/.330/.450 type elsewhere. 

I still like Eppler's offensive comp, Larry Walker. Marsh is a better defender but we will see where he falls on the former.

5 hours ago, ettin said:

Hahahahahahaaha, great! :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

I still like Eppler's offensive comp, Larry Walker. Marsh is a better defender but we will see where he falls on the former.

I could definitely see Larry Walker, the Expos version. The Coors version is on another level, though - although that is partially due to the Coors effect + the 90s. But he had three years in a row of hitting .360+. Crazy.

Marsh stole second tonight standing up with no throw. He caught the pitcher ignoring him and took off and was half way to second before the delivery. 

He continues to impress, covers so much real estate in center field and his plate appearances are something to see. His plate discipline is really good. If he gets behind he is always working the count back to even and makes solid contact. I mean, not a single weak hit in two days, everything is scorched whether it is a line drive or ground ball. He looks completely locked in.

Adell on the other hand is struggling a little. He drew some walks and got a little unlucky when the pitcher got really lucky on another bullet back up the middle. This was one of those catch it or die and it was a complete reflex move by the pitcher otherwise he gets a hole put through him.

I have to question if Jo is feeling the length of the season and is a little bone and brain tired. His plate appearances aren't crisp, he seems to have more moving parts in swing than before, his left elbow seems to drop a little at the back swing. I don't know, he just seems off and tonight he didn't go hard after a hit into right field and Marsh came all the way over from center to run down the ball before it could get to the wall and kept the runner to a double. 

Adell has played In 17 of the 18 games played and daytime temps have been up to 100 degrees at game time. Marsh has only played in 11. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

Marsh stole second tonight standing up with no throw. He caught the pitcher ignoring him and took off and was half way to second before the delivery. 

He continues to impress, covers so much real estate in center field and his plate appearances are something to see. His plate discipline is really good. If he gets behind he is always working the count back to even and makes solid contact. I mean, not a single weak hit in two days, everything is scorched whether it is a line drive or ground ball. He looks completely locked in.

Adell on the other hand is struggling a little. He drew some walks and got a little unlucky when the pitcher got really lucky on another bullet back up the middle. This was one of those catch it or die and it was a complete reflex move by the pitcher otherwise he gets a hole put through him.

I have to question if Jo is feeling the length of the season and is a little bone and brain tired. His plate appearances aren't crisp, he seems to have more moving parts in swing than before, his left elbow seems to drop a little at the back swing. I don't know, he just seems off and tonight he didn't go hard after a hit into right field and Marsh came all the way over from center to run down the ball before it could get to the wall and kept the runner to a double. 

Adell has played In 17 of the 18 games played and daytime temps have been up to 100 degrees at game time. Marsh has only played in 11. 

um yeah, I noticed that too with Adell. It may be time to give him a day off or two to heal the body and mind. 

34 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think I do. For a big guy he is pretty fast, green light fast. I've been watching him rob singles, doubles and holding guys from taking extra bases for three days straight. It's going to be a good day when we have Marsh, Adell and Trout in the outfield. 

I'm sure you do..  I think most of us here are exempt from my statement. 

I love when guys like you go see him live then report back because it confirms what I think I'm seeing on milbtv.  Watching him accelerate when he's out there playing defense you really see how athletic he is and more importantly how aware he is of the baserunners...   Seeing guys live you get a much greater feel of everything that's happening.  

Dude is always positioning himself to throw and it's funny to see how little opposing teams will challenge him.