• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

2 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Be patient.  Willie Mays started 1 for his first 20.  I'm not saying he's the next Mays, I'm saying it is the AFL, maybe he's working on something.

And, according to what I've read about Mays, he was doubting himself after that start.   Durocher mentored him to push beyond that in 1951. 

Sandoval named the 18th best prospect in the PCL,

Adell named Southern League's top prospect -- Marsh 10th best.   This snippet on Marsh is very cool...

More than one scout came away impressed with Marsh’s breadth of tools and his competitive makeup. His own manager lauded his leadership qualities and the way teammates respond to him.

"What he’s done in this league has been solid, but what he brings in the clubhouse is a separator,” Mobile manager David Newhan said.

I know he's target number one in any trade for pitching but I genuinely hope they find a way to keep him.

38 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sandoval named the 18th best prospect in the PCL,

Adell named Southern League's top prospect -- Marsh 10th best.   This snippet on Marsh is very cool...

More than one scout came away impressed with Marsh’s breadth of tools and his competitive makeup. His own manager lauded his leadership qualities and the way teammates respond to him.

"What he’s done in this league has been solid, but what he brings in the clubhouse is a separator,” Mobile manager David Newhan said.

I know he's target number one in any trade for pitching but I genuinely hope they find a way to keep him.

I think it would be a mistake to trade him.  

18 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think it would be a mistake to trade him.  

Yep, people forget he missed his first season due to the back issue -- prior to that baseball was his other sport.  He's not Adell, but there are parts of his game that are better than Adells.   The talk of clubhouse presence and the sort just ups his status to me.

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, people forget he missed his first season due to the back issue -- prior to that baseball was his other sport.  He's not Adell, but there are parts of his game that are better than Adells.   The talk of clubhouse presence and the sort just ups his status to me.

there's an element of consistency in his approach that I really like.  He doesn't seem as prone to major swings in production.  We know he's an excellent defensive OFer with a really good arm and the leadership ability could be the icing on the cake.  

The idea that he might be expendable because we've already got Adell isn't something I agree with.  

Again, the only info I have which is what we collectively have because it's been shared is that Brandon Marsh was not on the negotiating table in trades.

So the Angels either aren't willing to discuss him with other teams at all, or no one has offered anything that would warrant paying this price.

I don't believe Brandon Marsh will be traded. I think the Angels will find a spot for him. I don't know how that will happen. Maybe Upton moves to 1B and DH with Adell in LF and Marsh is RF, maybe Upton is traded, maybe Marsh moves to 1B....

Either way, I expect Marsh will be in our lineup everyday beginning in 2021.

I think we'll see Marsh in 2020 at some point, or at least I hope so, with 2021 being when he's a regular.

From what i gather Marsh will likely hit for a higher average and have more walks, and also has a better arm than Adell. Similar speed and defense. Adell has a lot more power.

So while Adell is the better prospect, Marsh has a more well-rounded tool-set and if Adell doesn't iron out his kinks (don't say it), Marsh could end up being a better player.

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

Again, the only info I have which is what we collectively have because it's been shared is that Brandon Marsh was not on the negotiating table in trades.

So the Angels either aren't willing to discuss him with other teams at all, or no one has offered anything that would warrant paying this price.

I don't believe Brandon Marsh will be traded. I think the Angels will find a spot for him. I don't know how that will happen. Maybe Upton moves to 1B and DH with Adell in LF and Marsh is RF, maybe Upton is traded, maybe Marsh moves to 1B....

Either way, I expect Marsh will be in our lineup everyday beginning in 2021.

Didn’t Eppler say at the deadline that he put everyone’s name in trade discussions other than one guy (obviously Adell)?