• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Trevor Cahill

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

This much is clear:

- Eppler is not using the prospect currency he's built up since 2016 

- Eppler is not committing a lot of salary past 2019

- Eppler is not signing guys (so far) that are costing draft picks

He's sticking to his plan of rebuilding the Angels whole spending money in an attempt to be competitive.

Yep.  I'm still curious how Trout feels about this plan and how that impacts his long-term view of staying here. 

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

This much is clear:

- Eppler is not using the prospect currency he's built up since 2016 

- Eppler is not committing a lot of salary past 2019

- Eppler is not signing guys (so far) that are costing draft picks

He's sticking to his plan of rebuilding the Angels while spending money in an attempt to be competitive.

This!! We might get really lucky with Harvey and if Cahill pitches like last year we'll be alright

Hmm, not sure what to make of this one.  Over the last 2 years hes put up nice numbers, when hes put up numbers but certainly brings along poor durability and a lack of innings eating, seems counter the Eppler plan in that sense but definitely could have huge upside if he can actually stay on the mound.  AS noted by many feels like another overpay but at least its short term.

As noted by @mulwin444 it seems clear these are stop gap deals designed to let the players re-establish themselves and bridge the gap to our younger arms.   

Assuming we had about 24M left we now have about 15M left for a catcher which should fit in line with Grandal if we decide to go that direction and possibly a little wiggle room for a possible Tulo or something?  Not that i like that idea it just, fits.  Heck i almost wonder if they are even done pitching wise.  WE needed 2, we got one and a half.   wonder if they might still go after a Kukichi perhaps? 

Im still very disturbed that we seem completely uncommitted to the future aside from waiting on the kids but that appears to be the road were taking.   Right now they are setting themselves up for either life with Trout, or trading him, i find this not very comforting.