• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

41 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yeah thats very true, im basing it simply on paying any reliever that much being a bit odd without the resume of a Chapman which almost none have.   Even those who do this would raise a bit of an eyebrow.  For it to be the cardinals, even a little moreso.  meh, no matter. 

Cards seem to put a pretty significant value on closers.   They waited until the season started last year to offer Holland 14 mil, only to see him blow up in their faces.    Stoneman had a blind spot for CFers -- STL seems to go ape for closers.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Cards seem to put a pretty significant value on closers.   They waited to the season started last year to offer Holland 14 mil, only to see him blow up in their faces.    Stoneman had a blind spot for CFers -- STL seems to go ape for closers.

True enough i had actually forgotten about Holland, lol  
I wouldnt mind an anchor in our pen to help solidify the kids but not at these prices. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

When I say that I haven’t looked it up it just feels like he pitched a lot. Stats might not support my feeling. 

He's a former SP, he didn't really see a ton of innings until he was older and past the normal age where you worry about innings shock and the sort but he did get worked kinda heavy in recent years..   Miller is one of those guys I have no idea what to make of moving forward. 

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I am kinda of surprised that Houston has stayed quite on the pitching side, they've lost 3 of their main guys heading into 2019, and both Verlander and Cole only have a year of control left. They really have faith in Whitley and James. Personally i think they lose Verlander next free agencies.  

I think Gerrit Cole is more likely to bolt than Verlander.  Dude will be going into his age 29 season with a much better resume than Corbin had, and Corbin just got 6 years 140 mil.  Verlander on the other hand has already seen the huge paycheck, and he may be more inclined to stick around for less because he likes it there.

19 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I am kinda of surprised that Houston has stayed quite on the pitching side, they've lost 3 of their main guys heading into 2019, and both Verlander and Cole only have a year of control left. They really have faith in Whitley and James. Personally i think they lose Verlander next free agencies.  

I touched on this a little bit elsewhere - Houston is about to enter that awkward stage in their ‘window’ where they need to start graduating their next wave of prospects as they begin to lose their first core. It’s a balancing act. They have to let vets walk or avoid bringing in new guys in order to let the next wave get MLB experience, without any learning curve being detrimental to contending. 

They might choose to rely on their SP prospects more this season to see if they’ll be able to shoulder the weight of potentially losing Keuchel, Morton, Cole, and Verlander.

Sort of like how 2019 may be the best year for the Angels to keep the IF door open for Ward, Thaiss, Fletcher, and a Rengifo, to see if they can safely count on a couple of those guys going forward.

Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp expected to be part of trade from #Dodgers to #Reds for Homer Bailey, prospects and possibly int’l bonus slots, sources tell The Athletic. Bailey has waived his 10-and-5 rights to approve deal. Multiple major-league pieces involved, as @JeffPassan said.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

dogs and reds "finalizing a significant trade" 

per the other Jeff 

holy crap. 

3:35pm: Matt KempYasiel Puig, and Alex Wood are all heading to Cincinnati, Passan tweets. Righty Homer Bailey and more will go in return. “Prospects and possibly international bonus slots” are also included in the deal, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (via Twitter), who adds that Bailey has waived his no-trade protection.

looks like the dogs are serious about signing Harper. 

23 minutes ago, popo85 said:

In the wake of this trade, #Dodgers can do many other things besides take a run at Harper. They can sign free-agent A.J. Pollock and/or trade for #Marlins’ Realmuto or one of #Indians’ starting pitchers. Many ways they can go.

Direct message

Who plays Center? Bellinger?