• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

8 hours ago, nate said:

Yea, don't pay him more just to be somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Anyway, am I the only one that wants Maldonado back?  I know he doesn't have the bat but defensively he was so great, and he handled the staff really well too.

i wouldn't mind a cervelli/maldonado pairing, but i don't like a maldonado/briceno pairing.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Inside Pitch said:

They are replacing Marwin Gonzalez and their CFer wasn't anything special....  Dropping Jake Marisnick to 4th OFer opens it up for Tucker... Plus Tucker is still only 22....  This likely hurts Derek Fisher and Tony Kemp more than Tucker.

Springer is their CF. Brantley will play Left and Reddick plays RF. They’ll also rotate these guys through DH.

Tucker takes over for Reddick or Brantley soon, after 2019. Both are signed through 2020. Or he’s trade bait. He also didn’t do well last year in limited Ab’s. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Springer is their CF. Brantley will play Left and Reddick plays RF. They’ll also rotate these guys through DH.

Tucker takes over for Reddick or Brantley soon, after 2019. Both are signed through 2020. Or he’s trade bait. He also didn’t do well last year in limited Ab’s. 

Marisnik actually had more games in CF than Springer..  they did a lot of shuffling.   Springer is a natural RFer who moved to CF when they got Reddick.   I always forget they have Reddick...

15 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Marisnik actually had more games in CF than Springer..  they did a lot of shuffling.   Springer is a natural RFer who moved to CF when they got Reddick.   I always forget they have Reddick...

In 2018, I saw that, but in 2017 when Springer wasn’t injured, he played more CF.

The New York Yankees have interest in trading Miguel Andujar, according to multiple rival executives.

Andujar finished second in American League Rookie of the Year voting.

Andujar had an .855 OPS and 27 homers, but struggled defensively.

The San Diego Padres are believed to be a team interested in Andujar. 

https://baseball.realgm.com/wiretap/49661/Yankees-Could-Trade-Miguel-Andujar

Playing in Petco could be a disaster from him, a pull hitter in a non hitter friendly park plus bad defense. Teams like Rangers/WSox should try to make a move as he can DH as well 

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Unless Sanchez pitches like he did last year....

Still - he’s 35 and had a 5.67 ERA combined across three nearly full seasons beforehand.

I wouldn’t have minded him at 1/$9m, but two years is a gamble. I’m sure that’s why Eppler agreed to the terms he did with Harvey and Cahill. We could’ve had them cheaper on multi-year but not worth the risk not commitment.