• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The pure awesomeness of this comment is that it can be either sarcasm or serious and still make sense.

I'm somewhere in the middle of sarcasm and seriousness at this point. We are surely gonna suck next season but at least I have a bunch of new people to root for / watch.

2 hours ago, Ender said:

I'm somewhere in the middle of sarcasm and seriousness at this point. We are surely gonna suck next season but at least I have a bunch of new people to root for / watch.

With Dipoto, It will feel like you have Alzheimers.  Each year will be a new adventure.

You must be pumped.

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Nothing will happen with the Angels. We are content to win 80 games

Ok I know you won’t, but how bout a friendly wager.   You say 80, I’ll take the over.   How bout $50 per game difference?  So if they win 75 games I owe you $250, they win 85 you owe me $250.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I keep going back to the stats the fifth starter gave us last year.   The improvement there feels like five wins by itself.  

remember though, we are also replacing the 26 starts from Ohtani and Richards which was about a 3.5 era over 125 ip.  

I think we're still ahead though.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Before these pick ups they were projected to win 83 games.   Also Astros, A’s and Mariners have taken a step back.   We’re literally the only team that’s improved.  

The A's will be adding Puk and Lazardo to their rotation this year, so they'll naturally improve, but at the same time weren't as good a season their record last year. If they grab a couple back end starters as I expect they will, they're probably a 90 win team if they're luck neutral. The Astros, I'm guessing will come away with Realmuto by trading Tucker and a couple others from their rich farm. The M's have taken a small step back, a small step sideways, and without the fortune they had last year, they'll probably win 75-80 games. 

And yeah, the Angels have improved, we're probably an 85 win team right now. But I think the Rays have also improved a ton, and without the luck they had last year, they'll probably still end up around 90 wins. And I think the Twins had a lot go against the, last year and will be back to winning 85 games again this year. There should be a lot of competition for that second wild card spot.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

You think so?  I hope you’re right.  My instincts were saying we might not see much till after the holidays.  

I think the flood gates kind of opened the last two days.  I don’t think we’ve seen it all.  I think that there’s something to wanting to have stuff in order by Christmas.  Anyway who knows that’s the sense I get. 

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The A's will be adding Puk and Lazardo to their rotation this year, so they'll naturally improve, but at the same time weren't as good a season their record last year. If they grab a couple back end starters as I expect they will, they're probably a 90 win team if they're luck neutral. The Astros, I'm guessing will come away with Realmuto by trading Tucker and a couple others from their rich farm. The M's have taken a small step back, a small step sideways, and without the fortune they had last year, they'll probably win 75-80 games. 

And yeah, the Angels have improved, we're probably an 85 win team right now. But I think the Rays have also improved a ton, and without the luck they had last year, they'll probably still end up around 90 wins. And I think the Twins had a lot go against the, last year and will be back to winning 85 games again this year. There should be a lot of competition for that second wild card spot.

AJ Puk pitched half a season in AA with a 4.36 era before needing TJ surg and missing all of 2018.  I wouldn't be surprised if he spends almost the entire year in the minors.  

Luzardo is far from a finished product.  Made 4 starts in AAA and it didn't go well.  He was very good in AA.  He's only 16 months younger than Canning btw.  

I think Canning and Suarez are more ready to contribute at the major league level than those two.  Granted, Suarez doesn't have near the ceiling of the other three, but I honestly think Puk is gonna struggle for awhile.   

If the A's are counting on those two to provide significant contributions at the major league level in 2019, that would be a huge mistake.  

Having Canning and Suarez somewhere between 7-10 on our depth chart is a much more reasonable way to ease those guys in.