• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does anyone want Sosh back? If not, who do ya want?

MrClutch

3 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

Its amazing how good or bad a manager looks based on the roster. Does anyone think anyone else could have led this year’s shit show to a better than a .500 record?

I’m not a Sosh bandwagoner, but who would be better in 2019 if stuck with the same pieces, i.e. same roster (no major additions), same amount of injuries.

Does anyone believe that they could have led the '17 Angels to a better than 500 record?

How about the 2013 Angels?

I understand the "time to move on argument" We must also recognize our personal was terrible the last five years.

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

If I knew Jerry Dipoto personally, I would probably take his side in the drama he had with the Angels. It's difficult to see things objectively when you are personal friends with a party involved.

This. Ive been super guilty of it over the years. When youre getting one side of the story, but from someone who was actually involved, you take it more seriously than random info you read somewhere.

3 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

I am sorry your experience on the message boards went not so smooth. There is some very smart, kind people on the message board. But as with all internet message boards there can be some jerky people.... normally there is a correlation to there knowledge of the subject matter.... or lack thereof.

As far as Dipoto goes I do take umbrage. We will have to agree to diasagree. I am definitely not a fan of his.

As to your question about the manager. I don't know? The current manager has done okay. He has done a lot more for the franchise than anyone else ever has. it would be weird to not see him in the dugout. 

One thing that I have done is to just make a point/ post/ thread and than never go back to that particular discussion. That way I get the last word in. I have conviction in what my opinion is so I do not need the opinions from certain posters who have never played the game before..... & normally I am correct so i can either relish in it.... or I guess I could bump the thread.... but that can be construed as a little douchey. This techniques seems to make me feel good and like I said it allows me to get the last word in without getting sucked into all there silliness..... which is probably there main goal anyways. 

But like I said there is some good, smart people on this board..... even the jerky ones I have to admit are pretty funny. You can laugh with them or at them.... your choice.

Some hilarious stuff in here...the important thing is that you managed to be both passive aggressive and condescending.  There's your 2 cents.

21 hours ago, stormngt said:

Does anyone believe that they could have led the '17 Angels to a better than 500 record?

How about the 2013 Angels?

I understand the "time to move on argument" We must also recognize our personal was terrible the last five years.

BUT SOSH!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

As to the question, I have always been a fan of Girardi, so he gets my vote. I think he would be the only one of the candidates to have the balls to sit Pujols without being intimidated. 

I think the big question is whether Arte still wants Pujols in the lineup....or will he agree that the time has come to limit him...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think the big question is whether Arte still wants Pujols in the lineup....or will he agree that the time has come to limit him...

I agree. He may want to hire a hatchet man (Girardi) to do the dirty work for him. 

Joe had no problem benching A-Rod when necessary. 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:18 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Full disclosure. Back when he was here, he and sosh were really at odds over a certain player. The player happened to be a very good friend of mine. Dipoto took the players side, and I in turn liked jerry for it.

Long story short, sosh was correct about said player, dipoto was wrong. About him and a few others.

You're good friends with Joe Blanton?

On 9/11/2018 at 5:52 PM, MrClutch said:

LOL.  You people are disgustingly petty.  Personal attacks show what kind of people you are.  What a bunch of Facking idiots.

To the one or two sane and normal people who know how to be adults, thanks for the conversation despite differing opinions.

If you really are a good friend of Dipoto,  I expect that you will quit posting here.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

It is going to be really weird seeing a new face in the dug out for the first time in 20 years.

That being said, I look forward to a new manager making really confused faces and sniffing his fingers when something bad happens.

But that confused look will be a different confused look, one that means business and will lead us to success. 

I was once asked what it was like having Mike Scioscia for a manger of the team I follow considering the long contract.

My answer:

"Well this is just one day.  You gotta show up every day, ready and grind it out.  Take one day at a time.  You work hard and give it 110% today and be ready to do the same thing tomorrow.  Take what the day gives you, do your best to conquer it, enjoy the success if you have it but be ready again 110% for tomorrow's challenges.  It's a journey."

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Am I the only one to marvel that 19 years has gone by seemingly with a blink of an eye?   Seems like just the other day that he was hired to clean up Terry Collins' mess.  

I was 10 when the Angels made Scioscia their manger. Seems like a lifetime ago.