• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does anyone want Sosh back? If not, who do ya want?

MrClutch

9 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

Yeah, it's been more of the same in Seattle with the farm system.  SHOULD it be improved?  Of course.  However, there are many factors that play into that.  Are they trying to win now?  Do they have a rebuilding plan?  Are they trying to win in the next 3 years?  No doubt that a farm system is vital (see the Astros), but not everyone has the luxury of having a quick rebuild.  

As far as the Angels go, no I don't blame Scioscia for the farm system being built or not built.  I blame Moreno.  I blame Reagins.  And to be sure, some of it falls on Jerry's lap for the 3+ years he was here.  

In my book almost all of it falls on Jerry's head.  With regard to your question about who the next manager should be, I want whoever Arte and Eppler wants it to be.  This organization is far better run today under Eppler than Dipoto ran it at any point.  I think there are some good candidates if Scioscia is replaced.  Good luck to whoever it is.

Just now, HaloNArizona said:

To be a good GM...you need to win today and the next three years.  You need to build the capitol to make moves.  While previous GM's can share the blame, Jerry traded everything in site.  Just as he has in Seattle.

I agree to an extent.  Look at Boston...many Sox fans wanted Dombrowski fired asap a couple of years ago.  Look at them now with a change at the Manager position (and of course the big bat of Martinez added on).  Or look at the Sox a few years ago when people crapped on Ben Cherington as GM.  He made some big moves that failed miserably, but also corrected the moves that Theo swung and missed at.  

To be a good GM isn't centered around just one criteria.  To call it a successful time as GM often depends on the goals & support from ownership and if the manager is on the same page

8 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

The point is that the M's weren't supposed to compete.  I brought it up because people are trying to act like the major issue with the Angels was Dipoto's tenure.  It's not. The issue is Moreno's involvement, Scioscia not adapting, injuries, and gaping holes at the corners and behind the plate.

Everyone in the world knew the Mariners were overachieving earlier this season, because of their atrocious run differential. It was only a matter of time before they came back to earth, which they have.

Just like the Angels, they're going to be sitting on the couch during October. But the Angels' farm system has gone from dead last to No. 12 in fewer than three years. The M's? Their future doesn't look quite so bright.

3 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

The point is that the M's weren't supposed to compete.  I brought it up because people are trying to act like the major issue with the Angels was Dipoto's tenure.  It's not. The issue is Moreno's involvement, Scioscia not adapting, injuries, and gaping holes at the corners and behind the plate.

The injuries, gaping holes at the corners and behind the plate are not Scioscia's fault.  As is the lack of bullpen help.  Some of the gaping holes can fall at the feet of Dipoto (and TR) for the drafting strategies.  You cannot adapt if you do not have the bodies...For example...starting pitching...when you lose Ohtani, Richards, Shoemaker, Ramirez, Skaggs and Tropeano, how do you expect a manager to adapt?

16 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Lets see....The M's are a huge 9.5 games better than the Angels...The Angels have lost 10 players for the season, Shoemaker for most of the season, Ohtani has pitched in a handful of games and the farm system, which is like a bank account to acquire better talent is moving in the right direction.

Had made some nice moves to get them here, but what about next year and three years from now....

Offensively, the M's are behind the Angels in OPS and runs scored

Defensively, the M's are behind the Angels in ERA and BAA and barely ahead in runs allowed, 

So are the M's that much better than the Angels...not really.  

Are the M's that much better next year or the years to come....No!

And the M's are 24-33 in their past 57 games.

15 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

Dipoto drafting only high floor/low ceiling guys never helps ANY org long term.   When was the last time he drafted a high ceiling guy in the first 2 rounds?  

The same exact projectory is happening in Seattle.    Peak being sometime in his third season there, like it was here.   Now, with the again Cano and Cruz, declining Gordon and Seager, no farm, and a questionable rotation, how are the M's supposed to stay as contenders from 2019 forward?     They are pretty much done for 2018.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How many int'l dollars will Dipoto acquire this year, only to not use them just like a year ago?

I especially liked Dipoto trading Segura while here, for TWO months of Grienke.   Oy vey! 

He's been trading it away for nothing. Just like he did here in Anaheim. 

I think the only reason he allocated so much Int'l money was for Ohtani.

54 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

The major issue with where the Angels are today was Dipoto’s inability to draft and or sign international talent.  The team took three years off from the farm under his leadership.  

12 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

LOL.  You people are disgustingly petty.  Personal attacks show what kind of people you are.  What a bunch of Facking idiots.

To the one or two sane and normal people who know how to be adults, thanks for the conversation despite differing opinions.

so the rumours are true, then

14 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

LOL.  You people are disgustingly petty.  Personal attacks show what kind of people you are.  What a bunch of Facking idiots.

To the one or two sane and normal people who know how to be adults, thanks for the conversation despite differing opinions.

Show me where I attacked you personally?   I tore into what Dipoto did here, because it’s true.

I will agree that Moreno contributed to the mess with the Wells trade, Pujols/Hackilton signings, and giving Scioscia a 10 year contract which was unheard of and still is.

I am almost the last guy on this board to attack other posters.

13 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

Ok, so you come in here, say a bunch of stupid shit, none of us agree with you, and then you call us fucking idiots, while calling us out for personal attacks.  Sorry we hurt your feelings because we completely disagree with your opinions.  Jerry was a smooth talking dude to the fans and the media and he was a complete asshole to the manager, coaching staff and the players.  He was also incapable of convincing an owner who wanted to spend big bucks that that wasn’t what was best for the team at the moment.  Also, you can pin the Albert signing on Arte, but the Wilson signing?  No fucking way.  That was all Jerry.  The Hamilton signing?  Well Jerry traded for Greinke with the thought of being able to re-sign him.  He misjudged the market and price for Greinke and when he became too expensive they used that money on Hamilton.  So that has Jerry written all over it as well.  Lastly, Jerry sure had no problem taking credit for the signings as they happened.  Let’s not forget he chose Baldoquin over Gurerrro.  Welcome to AngelsWin, if you are sensitive, well good luck.  

17 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

what personal attacks? 

"Facking idiots" is the only personal attack I've seen here.  so calm down and dont take things so personally. 

1 hour ago, MrClutch said:

So, instead of ad-hominem attacks from you guys, where are the well put-together thoughts and arguments?  I can tell who are fans of Scioscia based on how you argue because you argue like he manages - on instinct and emotion instead of coming from a place of facts.

Again, blame Dipoto all you want for the Hamilton, Wilson, and Pujols signings, but every single baseball reporter and insider will tell you that Arte Moreno sank us with his direct pursuits and negotiations with the three.

Eppler runs the show in Anaheim and for it to be a peaceful existence, I expect them to hire Johnson.  He's a company guy.  He's done his time.  As I said, Chavez is the "sexier" hire, but why would I want to hire him as manager?

Keep in mind, as a friend of dipoto, youre going to be biased simply because anything he tells you is "insider scoop". Versus what any knucklehead on hear tells you.

Dipoto deserves some credit in seattle. As you listed above, he had a mess to try and fix.

That being said, he is hated in the angels org (by guys who arent even sosh people), and hated in the seattle org (obviously not by everyone, but more than one or two people).

Full disclosure. Back when he was here, he and sosh were really at odds over a certain player. The player happened to be a very good friend of mine. Dipoto took the players side, and I in turn liked jerry for it.

Long story short, sosh was correct about said player, dipoto was wrong. About him and a few others.

FWIW, quite a few of the guys sosh was a dick to arent playing anymore. And back then, id ask the guys sosh seemed to "like" why he was sitting guys who i (and dipoto) thought were studs. And the guys (who had long careers) pretty much always sided with sosh. Maybe they liked said players as teammates, but saw the same flaws sosh did, even when they were putting up decent numbers (in relatively short careers).

3 hours ago, MrClutch said:

You act like Dipoto depleted the farm system in Seattle.  It was ranked 28th in baseball in 2015 (before Dipoto went to Seattle). 

Are you sure they were ranked 28th in 2015?

Ranking All 30 MLB Farm Systems After the 2015 MiLB Season

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2564903-re-ranking-all-30-mlb-farm-systems-after-the-2015-milb-season#slide6

25. Seattle Mariners

27. Los Angeles Angels

Minor League Ball's 2015 MLB farm system rankings

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/4/1/8268303/minor-league-balls-2015-mlb-farm-system-rankings-sickels

17) Seattle Mariners:

28) Los Angeles Angels:

2015 Prospects: 2015 Organizational Rankings

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/25592/2015-prospects-2015-organizational-rankings/

23. Seattle Mariners

28. Los Angeles Angels

-----------------------------

Updated MLB Farm System Rankings After 2018 Trade Deadline

30. Seattle Mariners

12. Los Angeles Angels (Previous: 20)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2787867-updated-mlb-farm-system-rankings-after-2018-trade-deadline

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds