• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Eppler realize how stupid this is?

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

Arte had Hamilton and Wilson @$40M+ coming off the books and Eppler convinced him that they were close enough to catch the second wild card. 

And you know this because...

13 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Arte had Hamilton and Wilson @$40M+ coming off the books and Eppler convinced him that they were close enough to catch the second wild card. 

They have money coming off the books again after this year and more budget room than they had at this time last year...

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They have money coming off the books again after this year and more budget room than they had at this time last year...

They waited until the end of August last season. We’re still in June. If they’re within striking distance in two months with this core group then Arte may allow Eppler to begin filling some expiring contracts. He’s not going to do it now. I understand that Ohtani’s posting fee doesn’t count against against the cap but you can bet that Arte is counting it as a out of pocket payroll expense in 2018 regardless. 

14 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

They waited until the end of August last season. We’re still in June. If they’re within striking distance in two months with this core group then Arte may allow Eppler to begin filling expiring contracts. He’s not going to do it now. I understand that Ohtani’s posting fee doesn’t count against against the cap but you can bet that Arte is counting it as a out of pocket payroll expense in 2018 regardless. 

Its seems we agree then at least on one aspect, if the Angels haven't completely fallen out of it by July moves will surely be made. I dont think there's any timetable on moves to be made, if a deal Eppler likes presents itself, im sure he'll pull the trigger regardless of the what month it is.

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its seems we agree then at least on one aspect, if the Angels haven't completely fallen out of it by July moves will surley be made. I dont think there's any timetable on moves to be made, if a deal Eppler likes presents itself, im sure he'll pull the trigger regardless of the what month it is.

It’s all about timing. The July deals will most likely require prospects in return. Eppler probably won’t do that. The August deals usually require accepting some teams salary dump. It’s not easy to get great players unless you’re willing give away the farm or tons of money. I don’t think any of the potential playoff teams are lining up to see if we can give them Cozart, Kinsler, Valbuena, Young, Blash or some of the other dudes the OP mentioned in return.

At least the cannon fodder we've got in the bullpen have some interesting names.

Deck McGuire...cool baseball name, kind of a throwback to a bygone era, like the 1890's.

Hansel Robles. Where's Gretel??

Akeel Morris...isn't he a linebacker with the 49ers?

Oliver Drake...wasn't he the guy who moved to the country with his wife, played by Eva Gabor? Now that show was funny!

Upton was signed long term and ended up being a quality addition.

As for this season -- we seem to be marginally treading water for one of the two wild card spots.

Buyers? Not really. Sellers? More like it.

We still have  a shot but it's a (long) shot.

let's see if Ohanti is going to return to the mound any time soon

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

At least the cannon fodder we've got in the bullpen have some interesting names.

Deck McGuire...cool baseball name, kind of a throwback to a bygone era, like the 1890's.

Hansel Robles. Where's Gretel??

Akeel Morris...isn't he a linebacker with the 49ers?

Oliver Drake...wasn't he the guy who moved to the country with his wife, played by Eva Gabor? Now that show was funny!

We talk about extending Trout but he’s well aware of what they’re surrounding him with. 

Green Acres 

"Mr. Haney, are you telling me this rooster can pitch? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!"

"Mr. Douglas, I can guarantee you this here creature can chuck a baseball with pinpoint accuracy and do better than any of those pretenders in the Angels bullpen. Guaranteed or your money back!"

"Well, what have I got to lose? I suppose he couldn't do any worse."

e051.jpg

26 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

It’s all about timing. The July deals will most likely require prospects in return. Eppler probably won’t do that. The August deals usually require accepting some teams salary dump. It’s not easy to get great players unless you’re willing give away the farm or tons of money. I don’t think any of the potential playoff teams are lining up to see if we can give them Cozart, Kinsler, Valbuena, Young, Blash or some of the other dudes the OP mentioned in return.

Like i said if a deal comes along that Eppler is comfortable making, even if prospects are invovled(Simmons and Upton trades) I dont see any reason why he wouldnt make it happen.