• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Eppler realize how stupid this is?

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

You have to remember that $7M goes to salary increases and Skaggs, Heaney + others will be getting raises through arbitration

The GM job is easy. Trade your prospects.....no don’t trade your prospects. Sign this guy for $150M......no don’t sign that guy for $150M. Try trading your declining crap for their best star players.....no those teams won’t make those deals so our GM sucks. 

Attrition people. It takes time but that’s how you clear the deck.  

51 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

$27 million frees up from Kinsler, Valbuena, Johnson, and Young.

Also Richards 7 million, Rivera 2 million,  Maldy 4 million,  Wood 1.5, JC Ramirez 2 who I don’t see them bringing back, Shormaker who makes 4.2 mil will prbly get a little more also I don’t see them bringing him back

thats a total of about $48

Upton Pujols simba Calhoun increase about $7 million total

Bedrosian Alvarez due for slight bump and Heaney Skaggs are due for bigger bump

so around 35 leftover?

Manny Machado plz

How far away are Tyler Stevens (AA) and Jeremy Rhoades (AAA) from being ready?

Both have had dominant Ks/BBs ratios of over 5/1 so far in 2018.

Stevens is intriguing, only age 22 and not drafted long ago from UNM.  He has a 52/10 Ks/BBs ratio and ERA just over 2.00 in 38 innings between A and AA.

I know, along with everyone else, that this bullpen is shit... no question... for various reasons.

But, as a long-time Angels fan, I really had a fun day at the park today. Yeah, the BP gave it up (again) as they lost in extras; however, walking up the ramp and seeing the field, watching Trout stretch before the game, sitting in the sun with some food and a beverage, volunteering to take multiple phones to take family pictures of strangers, talking with a family of Jays fans that were at the Big A for the first time.

It was all good and I don’t feel bad about giving Arte some yacht fuel cash. Thanks Angels, I know you’re trying to win even though the roster may limit how well you do this year.

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How far away are Tyler Stevens (AA) and Jeremy Rhoades (AAA) from being ready?

Both have had dominant Ks/BBs ratios of over 5/1 so far in 2018.

Stevens is intriguing, only age 22 and not drafted long ago from UNM.  He has a 52/10 Ks/BBs ratio and ERA just over 2.00 in 38 innings between A and AA.

Stevens will help next year maybe.  Rhoades possibly a bit this year.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

This shit is so depressing.  Can’t we get any good goddamn news about this season ?  This is me pretty much right now when it comes to the Angels.  Just miserably waiting around for something to genuinely be positive. 

Ha! Thats probably most of us right now. I think it safe to say we were all pretty pumped for this year more so than in recent seasons. Things started off better than we could have hoped for and within a few weeks it was back to the same old shit.

3 hours ago, 2020worldseries said:

Also Richards 7 million, Rivera 2 million,  Maldy 4 million,  Wood 1.5, JC Ramirez 2 who I don’t see them bringing back, Shormaker who makes 4.2 mil will prbly get a little more also I don’t see them bringing him back

thats a total of about $48

Upton Pujols simba Calhoun increase about $7 million total

Bedrosian Alvarez due for slight bump and Heaney Skaggs are due for bigger bump

so around 35 leftover?

Manny Machado plz

you're not going to replace all of the players for free

Putting together a solid bullpen may be one of the hardest jobs in baseball. Colorado spent huge money on their pen in the offseason and it has been mediocre at best. The Cubs and Indians have had awful bullpens this season. The other issue is that very few relievers are reliable from year to yesr. The Angels need to commit to developing late inning guys in the lower minors. Hopefully, next season will bring better results. 

I, for one, don’t want Eppler to trade any top 20 prospects for pen arms unless they are young and controllable.

14 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

It is not OK and until he finally decides to pay up for legit options, this merry go round will continue. This team can't ever get any kind of momentum because we see multiple games a week like today from this bullpen. They have maybe 3 good enough middle relievers(Parker, Bedrosian, Alvarez), 1 long-reliever type(Noe Ramirez) and then a rookie with good stuff who is incapable of throwing quality strikes with it(Anderson). The rest of the bunch are a mix match of crap that Eppler shovels around here and there(Morris, Paredes, Drake, McGuire, Robles, etc)

Note Ramirez needs to go, I see nothing that indicates quality there. He should be hired by MLB to be the permanent Home Run Derby pitcher.  He does that already for Angel opponents.