• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Bullpen is on Eppler

Not to be an Eppler apologist. But the bullpen was already crowded at the start of the season without bringing in additional reinforcements. Middleton & Wood & JC Ramirez went down with injury. And even than while that was going on we still did not have enough room to keep Luke Bard.

Now true I was hoping the Angels this off season could turn 2 or 3 of there average pitchers into one stud.... but that did not happen..... maybe Eppler tried and no one was interested? I would have liked to get a stud closer as I have said in some of my other posts.... but it did not happen.

A lot of times when we bring in a stud closer they turn to crap.... we just finally got rid of Huston Street and his contract.

1 hour ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Not to be an Eppler apologist. But the bullpen was already crowded at the start of the season without bringing in additional reinforcements.

We had an issue with there being too many guys who were out of options. It has limited our ability to try new arms. This is part of Eppler's process though, as part of the way we get these available arms so cheaply is because of their lack of options.

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes we are.  You do realize other teams improve right?  If we win 85-90 games this year that’s a pretty good improvement.  Won’t matter in the playoff discussion if 5 other teams win more than 90.  

Hell we have two teams in our division on pace to win 100 games this year.  If we miss the playoffs because of that you prop them.  They earned it.

2 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Not to be an Eppler apologist. But the bullpen was already crowded at the start of the season without bringing in additional reinforcements. Middleton & Wood & JC Ramirez went down with injury. And even than while that was going on we still did not have enough room to keep Luke Bard.

Now true I was hoping the Angels this off season could turn 2 or 3 of there average pitchers into one stud.... but that did not happen..... maybe Eppler tried and no one was interested? I would have liked to get a stud closer as I have said in some of my other posts.... but it did not happen.

A lot of times when we bring in a stud closer they turn to crap.... we just finally got rid of Huston Street and his contract.

Mistake letting Bad go.  Mistake letting Kroll go. Should of dfa'd Johnson and Bedrock.

20 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

When do the excuses run out? Every year it has been injuries. Now this year it is because the other teams are too good?

It's not an excuse.  It's a fact.  We have two teams in our division on pace to win 100 games.

With all the years I have had in competitive sports I was taught to respect those who beat us because they are better.

I can clearly know who on this board are real former athletes and those who are pretenders bu the comments they make.  Believing I was making excuses instead of propping those who have great season is a characteristic of a person who pretends to be an athlete 

7 minutes ago, stormngt said:

It's not an excuse.  It's a fact.  We have two teams in our division on pace to win 100 games.

With all the years I have had in competitive sports I was taught to respect those who beat us because they are better.

I can clearly know who on this board are real former athletes and those who are pretenders bu the comments they make.  Believing I was making excuses instead of propping those who have great season is a characteristic of a person who pretends to be an athlete 

Figures no comment.  Only a reaction.  PRETENDERS

8 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I haven’t read through this thread so sorry if this has been mentioned, but the Rockies spent a ton of money on their bullpen and it’s been awful. Bullpens are just so volatile 

They don’t want to hear that.  They just want results.  Also if you choose to spend money, if those players aren’t really good right away then the GM doesn’t know what he is doing.  

15 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I didn't even remember what I posted.  When I went back and looked I was even more upset.  

Bullpens matter when you have a good team.  

Yup. A good bullpen this season and it's at least a ten game swing. It's not just about blown saves, those happen but they can't seem to be consistent in hold situations. What happens in the 6th through 8th is just as game changing as the 9th. 

Losing Middelton was huge but not providing a solid supporting cast for innings 7 & 8 has been the death of the Angels. Even with Kenyon for the 9th the games are being lost in the 6th through 8th as well. 

14 players on the DL (Simmons is back early) is a question mark for the GM whether the season is already jeopardized so spending assets may not get any wins back in the second half of play. This team is really on the border of being competitive for the wildcard and slipping to a better draft position. 

13 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

Had high hopes for Jewell but the dude looks like he’s about to shit his pants out there

he did.  I felt bad for him.  He's gonna be fine long term but they shouldn't be throwing him in tie games that we need to win.  would have been nice if he went out there like a baller and owned the place though.  

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yup. A good bullpen this season and it's at least a ten game swing. It's not just about blown saves, those happen but they can't seem to be consistent in hold situations. What happens in the 6th through 8th is just as game changing as the 9th. 

Losing Middelton was huge but not providing a solid supporting cast for innings 7 & 8 has been the death of the Angels. Even with Kenyon for the 9th the games are being lost in the 6th through 8th as well. 

14 players on the DL (Simmons is back early) is a question mark for the GM whether the season is already jeopardized so spending assets may not get any wins back in the second half of play. This team is really on the border of being competitive for the wildcard and slipping to a better draft position. 

some might consider the bolded statement hyperbole but it's not.  no team can expect their pen to be perfect, but giving the offense a chance is huge.  I agree it's not just the leads turned into losses but the ties and 1 or 2 run deficits that become automatic losses.  

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he did.  I felt bad for him.  He's gonna be fine long term but they shouldn't be throwing him in tie games that we need to win.  would have been nice if he went out there like a baller and owned the place though.  

Jake Jewell is the least of my worries in this bullpen. Just like Anderson, they will definitely be at least serviceable but unfortunately have both been thrown in situations I am sure they did not anticipate being thrown in.

38 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

He has great stuff. Jewell became a reliever this year and it seems Eppler rushed him to the big leagues. Anderson became a reliever in 2017 and gave him an entire year in the minors. They also gave Middleton a year in ththe minors. I wouldn’t be surprised if they send Jewell down for the rest of the year when they bring up Tuesday’s starter just to learn how to be a reliever. But with our bullpen situation who knows..

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

They don’t want to hear that.  They just want results.  Also if you choose to spend money, if those players aren’t really good right away then the GM doesn’t know what he is doing.  

It isnt the money, its the effort. dumpster diving in the bargain bin is NOT an effort.

9 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Or if the players you currently have aren’t used in the right situations like yesterday then blame is on the manager. 

Sosh blew that game yesterday with his micromanaging. It also isn’t the first time . The numbers didn’t lie against canha yesterday.

blame both. GM and manager. The Manager is way more expendable at this point and I hope the GM makes a major move sooner rather than later for the betterment of this franchise