• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Bullpen is on Eppler

So many people think they know Eppler.  Yes, he built a bullpen out of nothing last year.  Yes, that same plan hasn't worked out this year.  To assume he will continue to not spend money on a bullpen is just an opinion. We don't really know.  He may go a different direction.  He may not.  Time will tell.  I continue to trust him until he gives me a solid reason not to.  The effort is there on Eppler's part - the players executing has not been. 

The knee-jerk reaction of a typical fan is to "blow everything up."  That's not how it works - not in Anaheim.  Arte is never going to do that.  He has said as much.  Get over it.  Everything is a process - but some of you think you know better.  Baseball is easy.  Make Ohtani the closer.  Make Jim Johnson the closer.  Yadda, yadda, yadda. 

Losing Major Key was a huge blow.  Losing Wood hurt too - even though his track record hasn't been great, he was pitching well this year. 

A lot of things had to go right for this bullpen to be successful.  It didn't.  It happens. 

We don't know Eppler's plan, but we can trust that he has one and that he's working on it.  It's just never going to happen as fast as we want. 

So watch when this happens and see the outrage around here...
We wait till the deadline, trade for a closer of merit, start climbing back up the standing only to call a couple of games short.   Games that we give away between now and the deadline.
I wonder what people will say then? 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

So watch when this happens and see the outrage around here...
We wait till the deadline, trade for a closer of merit, start climbing back up the standing only to call a couple of games short.   Games that we give away between now and the deadline.
I wonder what people will say then? 

I know what you will say.  Bottom line is each player has a price, right now that price is higher than the Angels are willing to pay.  I don’t blame them.  Would you give up a future starting 3rd baseman or a future starting 1st baseman, and by future I mean next year or the following year, for a closer that is gone in 3.5 months?  I wouldn’t.  

26 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I know what you will say.  Bottom line is each player has a price, right now that price is higher than the Angels are willing to pay.  I don’t blame them.  Would you give up a future starting 3rd baseman or a future starting 1st baseman, and by future I mean next year or the following year, for a closer that is gone in 3.5 months?  I wouldn’t.  

You are using such a specific example to justify this position as though anyone has ever suggested dealing Adell for a rental, noone has... i never, ever have said we should pay top prospects for rentals, not once.   
You cant leverage every position on the matter using this argument when it isnt applicable.
What i have said is that we need to act, sooner than later, in some form.  
The deal the NATs made yesterday would not fall under your description at all, i would have made that deal.

Just now, floplag said:

You are using such a specific example to justify this position as though anyone has ever suggested dealing Adell for a rental, noone has... i never, ever have said we should pay top prospects for rentals, not once.   
You cant leverage every position on the matter using this argument when it isnt applicable.
What i have said is that we need to act, sooner than later, in some form.  
The deal the NATs made yesterday would not fall under your description at all, i would have made that deal.

I am using a specific example?  Dude I am not suggesting trading Adell either, that is why I said 1st or 3rd baseman.  So while you are telling me I am wrong, you basically are quoting me as saying something I didn’t say.  Sorry flop, but there is a long list of guys in our minor leagues that I wouldn’t trade for 3.5 months of Herrera.  You obviously would.  

11 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I am using a specific example?  Dude I am not suggesting trading Adell either, that is why I said 1st or 3rd baseman.  So while you are telling me I am wrong, you basically are quoting me as saying something I didn’t say.  Sorry flop, but there is a long list of guys in our minor leagues that I wouldn’t trade for 3.5 months of Herrera.  You obviously would.  

If you mean long list of guys outside the top 10, yes, youre right.  i dont consider anyone outside the top 10 untouchable. 
There are a lot in the top 10 i wouldnt trade for a rental.
Again though this isnt just about Herrera, its about making a move, doing something., having the balls to get in front of it before its too late.   Whatever that may mean.  

19 minutes ago, floplag said:

If you mean long list of guys outside the top 10, yes, youre right.  i dont consider anyone outside the top 10 untouchable. 
There are a lot in the top 10 i wouldnt trade for a rental.
Again though this isnt just about Herrera, its about making a move, doing something., having the balls to get in front of it before its too late.   Whatever that may mean.  

Ok, right now on the AngelsWin top 30 we have guys like Taylor Ward and Deveaux they are both outside of the top ten.  I wouldn’t trade either for a rental.  Not sure where Thiass is but I wouldn’t trade him for a rental.  Fletcher was at 15, I wouldn’t trade him for a rental.  So yea, those are my thoughts.  

If the Angels don't make the playoffs this year, which I thought was a really good chance at the beginning of the year. Mike S and Eppler need to be shown the door. This is unacceptable. We have the greatest player of our generation and it is being squandered. Eppler has been here long enough to put together a winner and Mike S although a great manager all time, you can't let him continue with out making the playoffs for years. 

1 minute ago, Barrett said:

If the Angels don't make the playoffs this year, which I thought was a really good chance at the beginning of the year. Mike S and Eppler need to be shown the door. This is unacceptable. We have the greatest player of our generation and it is being squandered. Eppler has been here long enough to put together a winner and Mike S although a great manager all time, you can't let him continue with out making the playoffs for years. 

No Eppler hasn’t been here long enough, come on now.  Scioscia yes, but when you are building a team from scratch with a dysfunctional payroll as well as no farm at all, one of the worst of all time, then 3 years is not nearly long enough.  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

No Eppler hasn’t been here long enough, come on now.  Scioscia yes, but when you are building a team from scratch with a dysfunctional payroll as well as no farm at all, one of the worst of all time, then 3 years is not nearly long enough.  

Eppler has been here 3 years and zero playoffs. We have a top 6 payroll in baseball and we are in 3rd place in the west. If they don't make the playoffs this year then it's on both of them. 

Eppler has been here 3 years and zero playoffs. We have a top 6 payroll in baseball and we are in 3rd place in the west. If they don't make the playoffs this year then it's on both of them. 

you’re ridiculous.  How much has he spent?  Top six in payroll?  He inherited almost every penny of that.  He has given out one large contract and that guy is performing pretty well.  Simmons which is payroll he added is performing pretty well.  The rest is temp money.  

Just now, Barrett said:

Eppler had a 30th ranked farm system when he arrived. He had Jered Weaver throwing 83 mph fastballs as his opening day starter. He had Hamilton's $25 million sucking up cap space.

Yes, he will readily admit what the product on the field is from the decisions he has made, there is only Pujols, Trout, Calhoun, Heaney, Shoemaker and Richards from opening day 2015.

However in the minor leagues there is an influx of top 100 prospects. So much talent aquired in three drafts that the Angels farm system has jumped to high as 19th.

That too is on Eppler.

5 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

you’re ridiculous.  How much has he spent?  Top six in payroll?  He inherited almost every penny of that.  He has given out one large contract and that guy is performing pretty well.  Simmons which is payroll he added is performing pretty well.  The rest is temp money.  

He hasn't inherited all of that? Three guys in our starting line up he inherited after that its on him. Calhoun Pujols and Trout other than that every single player who's in the starting 9 is on him. 

2 minutes ago, Barrett said:

He hasn't inherited all of that? Three guys in our starting line up he inherited after that its on him. Calhoun Pujols and Trout other than that every single player who's in the starting 9 is on him. 

Yep and Simmons and Upton as well as Ohtani (but you will magically forget about him) are very good players.  Maldonado is a perfectly fine catcher.  Kinsler is on pace to be league average at 2nd base.  Cozart has been bad, Valbuena has been bad.  You have selected memory.  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yep and Simmons and Upton as well as Ohtani (but you will magically forget about him) are very good players.  Maldonado is a perfectly fine catcher.  Kinsler is on pace to be league average at 2nd base.  Cozart has been bad, Valbuena has been bad.  You have selected memory.  

I agree I said Simmons and Upton and Ohtani is out and might be for a year plus so who knows there either. I said everyone outside of Calhoun Trout and Pujols he inherited. SImmons and Upton have done well the rest have not so 3 guys in our line up can hit and 6 guys can't. You said he inherited the 6th highest payroll which is not true. 

I agree I said Simmons and Upton and Ohtani is out and might be for a year plus so who knows there either. I said everyone outside of Calhoun Trout and Pujols he inherited. SImmons and Upton have done well the rest have not so 3 guys in our line up can hit and 6 guys can't. You said he inherited the 6th highest payroll which is not true. 

No I didn’t say he inherited the 6th highest payroll, that was someone else.  

Don't worry.  It will all work out.  

The starters that we knew weren't going to throw a lot of innings need to throw more innings.  

The 5th ranked offense in the AL just needs to be better.  

Akeel Morris, Hansel Robles, Eduardo Paredes, Deck McGuire, Noe Ramirez, Cam Bedrosian, Oliver Drake, Jake Jewell, Jim Johnson are going to save this team.