• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys any idea why Cesar Hernandez has been a lot less effective this year than in years past?  I know he has been a hot target for a lot of people on here.  Would you still be interested in getting him considering his cost might be less and with the emergence of Fletcher?   Looks like he has had a rough year defensively.  

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I know we need pitching, but man Skaggs has been oft injured and to get a 4 WAR player that could solve 2nd or 3rd base.  I would at the very least listen.  

Bad second half and ....

2019 29 Seattle Mariners $14,850,000    
2020 30 Seattle Mariners $14,850,000    
2021 31 Seattle Mariners $14,850,000    
2022 32 Seattle Mariners $14,850,000    
2023 33 Seattle Mariners *$17,000,000

Skaggs is a pretty decent bet to provide better value to a team in need of value.   Dude only made 1.8 mil this year and won't be eligible for FA until 2021.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

So...  We have the leading candidate for blame now for sure..   Not that it wasnt pretty obvious after he publicly questioned his guts.

Followed by....

So...   Guy scores, avoiding the tag to make it 7-0, but gets pulled.... because the manager didn't think he ran hard enough.

Looking forward to more of this in Seattle thanks to the recent extensions for the GM and manager.  For as disastrous the past couple of seasons have been for the Angels, nothing like this has happened which speaks to the quality of the organization and the team.

55 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I would jettison Skaggs if the right offer was there, as his arm is liable to fall off again next year.

Skaggs and Shoemaker, very fragile and very familiar with the DL.

I would give them both another year to show some durability before actively looking to move them.  They both might be candidates for the bullpen if they can't log the innings.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

So...  We have the leading candidate for blame now for sure..   Not that it wasnt pretty obvious after he publicly questioned his guts.

Followed by....

So...   Guy scores, avoiding the tag to make it 7-0, but gets pulled.... because the manager didn't think he ran hard enough.

They are for-sure setting this up for the fan back-lash after he's traded:

"We have a certain way we want to play here and have to make sure the people on the roster are on board with that..."

They had that friction in the clubhouse recently as well that I believe involved Segura.

Won't have a ton of trade partners with that salary...

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I know we need pitching, but man Skaggs has been oft injured and to get a 4 WAR player that could solve 2nd or 3rd base.  I would at the very least listen.  

Segura has hit .300 the past 3 years.   Concern though is that his SLG% has fallen off significantly from 2016, and his SB% is starting to fall off too.

17 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

They are for-sure setting this up for the fan back-lash after he's traded:

"We have a certain way we want to play here and have to make sure the people on the roster are on board with that..."

They had that friction in the clubhouse recently as well that I believe involved Segura.

Won't have a ton of trade partners with that salary...

Sounds like something Terry Collins would have done in the late 1990s?

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Segura doesn't have a worry in the world if Scioscia gets extended. He's more liable to get a pat on the back after a bonehead play.

Quit obsessing over scioscia. He has two games left as the Angels manager and then it's over. 

What in the hell are you going to do when next year there is a new manager in the dugout, shit on him every game? 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Quit obsessing over scioscia. He has two games left as the Angels manager and then it's over. 

What in the hell are you going to do when next year there is a new manager in the dugout, shit on him every game? 

What kind of stupid ass question is that?

Of course he is.

Chris Davis, 2018 Orioles: .168/.243/.296

2018 32 Baltimore Orioles $23,000,000 8.061    

2019 33 Baltimore Orioles $23,000,000    
2020 34 Baltimore Orioles $23,000,000    
2021 35 Baltimore Orioles $23,000,000    
2022 36 Baltimore Orioles $23,000,00

Davis' deal is structured so he is to receive a $3.5 million payment each year from 2023-32, with an additional $1.4 million coming each year from 2033-37.   It's interest free so, it's not Bobby Bonilla level awful but this dude got over.

He put up a -3.1 fWAR this year....