• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowtani

I just want to be the first to officially say this guy blows. 

In before Stradling defends Scioscia.

In before Brandon accuses me of attention whoring.

In before Lou resuscitates this thread when Ohtani wins the Cy Young Award in 2020.

In before Scotty overrates an Angel prospect.

In before Doc posts a dissertation in-between surgeries.

In before someone shits on Chuck's couch.

In before Lifetime...oh, wait.

10 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Let's all cross our fingers he and the team give up the ghost on his trash hitting and then he can really take off as a top of the rotation arm, until his elbow gives out of course

Let's hope that the team gives him plenty of time to adjust to the MLB before making major decisions.

4 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Ohtani was signed mostly as a marketing piece, not as a player. If he didn't have all the attention that comes with him he would spend the majority of the year in AAA.

he's going to get a lot of attention only if he plays well. If he sucks nobody will care. 

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

MLB.com's fantasy baseball  projections for pitching: 10-7 3.58 183 ks. I couldn't find hitting. 

Any starter who pitches to a 3.58 ERA with our lineup, will get more than 10 wins..........unless he is very unlucky.

Very few of the assessments of the Angels, takes into account his hitting at DH. Rather ominous, really. More so, when you realize that it means greater dependence on ValNObuena and/or Carter.

I think everyone can agree that any kind of production out of him with the bat was a bonus. When we signed him, we got the top pitching prospect in all of baseball. 

Nobody is even close when comparing stuff and he has already shown as a 20-year old that he can get out major league hitters on a national scene. 

He’s dominated AAA+ and we’ve seen many prospects before come up to the big leagues fall flat on their face 

I’ll continue to be patient but I don’t expect much from him after this sample size in 2018

He needs to learn how to work himself out of a slump. 

Fingers crossed