• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowtani

21 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

So he’s earned a rotation spot?

Has anyone earned the role of closer?  No, but someone will be the closer.  He is one of our 6 best starting pitchers, whether the numbers say he is or not.  His upside is tremendous.  

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

I love the Angels fanbase, but at times, we are the worst.  
Anything we ever got from him was lost cost gravy, and unexpected bonus
Guy hasnt even played an ML game and people are writing him off.  I didnt know spring training was so serious 

Not sure who's written him off. Seems like the debate is what is best for Ohtani and his long-term development; not a question of whether he's got what it takes. I think that's obvious to anyone who's watched him pitch. 

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Not sure who's written him off. Seems like the debate is what is best for Ohtani and his long-term development; not a question of whether he's got what it takes. I think that's obvious to anyone who's watched him pitch. 

It doesnt matter, there is zero chance he starts in the minors, zero.
We would do better supporting the guy as nothing is going to change that.  

35 minutes ago, floplag said:

It doesnt matter, there is zero chance he starts in the minors, zero.
We would do better supporting the guy as nothing is going to change that.  

I don't think that's a question.  We all support him.  If he does start in the majors to start the season, then we will all be rooting like hell for him to succeed.  Just because some of us would prefer to be cautious and have him iron out some issues in the minors doesn't mean we want him to fail - it just means we're okay with delaying his debut for a few weeks or so for the sake of his own development.

That said, once the decision is made, then we'll support him 100% and hope it all works out for the best.

30 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I don't think that's a question.  We all support him.  If he does start in the majors to start the season, then we will all be rooting like hell for him to succeed.  Just because some of us would prefer to be cautious and have him iron out some issues in the minors doesn't mean we want him to fail - it just means we're okay with delaying his debut for a few weeks or so for the sake of his own development.

That said, once the decision is made, then we'll support him 100% and hope it all works out for the best.

We have differing definitions of support.. IE Blowtani.  

9 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

The worst part is the talking heads on sports radio talking about how they (DOYERS) are "glad they didn't get Ohtani after all". It's a shame we have to pay that huge salary of his for so many years.

6 years of club control at age 23. How any team could say they are glad they are not part of this deal probably would pass on Mike Trout in the draft a second time. 

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

6 years of club control at age 23. How any team could say they are glad they are not part of this deal probably would pass on Mike Trout in the draft a second time. 

Exactly.  Literally the worst case scenario with Ohtani is he is never any good and we wasted a posting fee on him.  Bsaically like having a highly drafted prospect not pan out.  It would suck, but it would not nearly hurt as much as, say, signing a Josh Hamilton or an Albert Pujols.

• Chuck locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...