• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blowtani

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Astros starters have been quality this spring, but let's look at the rest of the AL West's aces this spring. 

The Mariners ace, James Paxton: 10.32 ERA
Oakland's ace, Kendall Graveman: 12.00 ERA
Rangers ace, Cole Hamels: 5.40 ERA

Just some other names of quality arms who have struggled this spring. 

Steve Matz: 10.80 ERA
Jon Gray: 10.22 ERA
Jeff Samardzija: 10.64 ERA
Dylan Bundy: 10.61 ERA
Danny Duffy: 9.35 ERA
Rich Hill: 8.59 ERA

man, i want him to do as well as the next guy, but the big difference right now is these guys all have major league experience, something ohtani has yet to acquire. i don't see any harm in starting him in AAA if that's what's best for him and the team in the long run (it worked out well for weaver). i don't want to see him start in anaheim and get so completely rocked that he never finds his way clear to being successful here. i'd go the cautious route with him.

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Astros starters have been quality this spring, but let's look at the rest of the AL West's aces this spring. 

The Mariners ace, James Paxton: 10.32 ERA
Oakland's ace, Kendall Graveman: 12.00 ERA
Rangers ace, Cole Hamels: 5.40 ERA

Just some other names of quality arms who have struggled this spring. 

Steve Matz: 10.80 ERA
Jon Gray: 10.22 ERA
Jeff Samardzija: 10.64 ERA
Dylan Bundy: 10.61 ERA
Danny Duffy: 9.35 ERA
Rich Hill: 8.59 ERA

the myopia is strong in this one.

17 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Angels have to realize, Ohtani needs to start in AAA and they need to open their wallet and sign Cobb.  It is time.

I think its time to have that conversation! Great D, Great hitters, Pitching about to sink us (again) before the year even starts

Just now, m0nkey said:

If ohtani goes 4-0 with a 0.00 ERA in April, chuck is going to mail every one of you a homemade shit sandwich

I'll just rename the website, ChuckWins.com and ban everyone. 

Unraveling failos, one member at a time. ChuckWins.com - The Internet Home for one Angels fan, named Chuck.

1 hour ago, Dick Enberg said:

He's yet to prove anything at the ML level. If he had, be easier to cut him some slack. Just going by what I see, he's just not there yet. he will be, at least pitching wise. 

He may actually need some time in AAA to work on his hitting. He's overmatched out there right now.

45 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Angels have to realize, Ohtani needs to start in AAA and they need to open their wallet and sign Cobb.  It is time.

I like Cobb, but people are overrating him based on ERA...  not as bad as they did with Matt Garza but still overrating him.   He's one year removed from being a bigger question mark than people consider Richards to be and for his career he's been close to a 4.00 ERA guy in neutral parks.  Cobb's got some upside in him but he's pitched his entire career in front of great defenses and in a pitcher's park.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I like Cobb, but people are overrating him based on ERA...  not as bad as they did with Matt Garza but still overrating him.   He's one year removed from being a bigger question mark than people consider Richards to be and for his career he's been close to a 4.00 ERA guy in neutral parks.  Cobb's got some upside in him but he's pitched his entire career in front of great defenses and in a pitcher's park.

And against the better AL East offenses.

11 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's not the end of the world if Ohtani spends a little time in Salt Lake to work on his stuff.

I would like Bridwell to take that rotation spot. Yes, I know he's struggled a bit this spring, but still...10-3 last year with a nice ERA.

Bidwell has been pitching like his peripherals predicted him to.  His ERA last year screamed fluke when compared to his peripherals..  He was closer to a 5.00 ERA guy than the mid 3's he posted.   That's not to say that pitcher's can't outpitch their peripherals but Bridwell has done it for all of 20 starts in his entire career minor and major league. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Ohtani's ERA is over 30, Chuck. 

19 K's in 8 innings. 3 walks, 4 HR's and a shit ton of doinks.

It's spring FACKING training and he's 23 years old making adjustments on the fly. 

Three years ago he was making our all-stars look like fools up at the plate. 

I'M NOT WORRIED. 

2 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

And against the better AL East offenses.

Again, there is a Garza similarity...  He's pitched well vs. NYY, Bos, and Baltimore.   It's been the Royals, Astros, Angels, and Mariners, that have wrecked him.   Weird stuff really.  Wonder if it's a travel thing or something.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I agree. 

I mean, we have Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Shoemaker, JC Ramirez with Bridwell, Barria, Lamb, Morales & Castillo waiting in the wings.

I'd rather they spend a little to get Holland.