• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs extremely overrated IMO

Erstad Grit

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

Skaggs is our number 2 in the rotation? I get the feeling that we’re already in trouble and the season hasn’t even started yet. 

I don't like the entire vibes around the early schedule. Four games in Oakland, then Cleveland comes in to Anaheim. Just doesn't feel right.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, fan_since79 said:

If it comes down to it, I like Tropeano over Skaggs right now.

49 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Skaggs is our number 2 in the rotation? I get the feeling that we’re already in trouble and the season hasn’t even started yet. 

Assuming Skaggs makes the rotation and Tropeano doesn't, I would hope Skaggs is on a short leash....Tropeano was better this spring and while he may have potential, Skaggs has never shown any consistency, including this spring...Small sample size but Tropeano was solid in both 15 and 16 when he got his chance (21 starts)....and he was better than Skaggs this spring...Neither is a prospect anymore so you hate to see either at SLC....but if Skaggs struggles, I wouldn't hesitate to send him down....assuming Tropeano continues to pitch well....

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Is there any way we can dump our whole rotation, all 9 of them or whatever and start over???

This is a dumb sentiment, and I realize you are likely joking.

Still, not every pitcher dominates in spring training. Most ST stats mean nothing.

On 2/26/2018 at 12:56 PM, Erstad Grit said:

I don't get the hype on Skaggs. (and no this has nothing to do with today) 

13 career wins and a 4.59 era.

Since 2012 when he got called up he has had ONE year with over 100 innings pitched.

Seems like many are penciling him in for a good solid year, yet it's based on nothing.

Convince me why he's going to be solid and that we shouldn't go after Arrieta, Lynn, or Cobb. 

Does tonights game help?