• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

C.J. Cron to the Tampa Bay Rays

John Smith

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Doesn't PTBNL usually end up being the equivalent of a bag of balls?

Another Angel first round pick for a bag of balls?

Oh well. I wish him well. He will probably hit a lot more HRs in the AL East.

No.

Trea Turner was a PTBNL. There were other top players/prospects moved as the PTBNL in the past too.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I doubt we get any 1B as Valbuena can play 3B and 1B. Ohtani will see the majority of the starts at DH and Pujols at 1B. 

We're not signing Moustakas and it's doubtful we sign Lomo. 

I think this is a prelude to landing one of the Rays arms..

I imagine if we were about to get one of the Rays arms, then we probably would have just included Cron in that same deal?

This move probably paves the way for Cowart to open with the team.  His ability to play 2B/3B will add more depth for us, and also give us the possibility of another LH in the lineup on various days.

Moreover, it enables us to stay strong defensively.  Having Valbuena cover 3B on off days for Cozart was going to be suboptimal defensively.  Now, with Cowart backing him up, we can ensure we can roll out a strong defensive configuration pretty much every single day.

LoMo seems like the obvious FA fit that could exist, but Boston, KC, SD, and St. L all seem like they could still offer him more money and playing time. He's from KC and makes a ton of sense for the Royals if Moose and Hosmer depart. Still, he'd fit wonderfully on this team as a 1B who could spot our COFs and limit the need for an everyday 4th OF on the bench. 

I wonder if a guy like Neil Walker is on their radar at all. Switch-hitter, could cover 1B, 2B, 3B, maybe even LF in an emergency.

Seth Smith, Michael Saunders, Chris Young could sort of fit.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

LoMo seems like the obvious FA fit that could exist, but Boston, KC, SD, and St. L all seem like they could still offer him more money and playing time. He's from KC and makes a ton of sense for the Royals if Moose and Hosmer depart. Still, he'd fit wonderfully on this team as a 1B who could spot our COFs and limit the need for an everyday 4th OF on the bench. 

I wonder if a guy like Neil Walker is on their radar at all. Switch-hitter, could cover 1B, 2B, 3B, maybe even LF in an emergency.

Seth Smith, Michael Saunders, Chris Young could sort of fit.

It’s just amazing to see all those names still available at this point.