• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Chief Wahoo

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I lived in Westminster. It was where my friends were. It wasn't bad, it was OK. I was stationed with a friend from home and we sometime hitched together. Sometimes I flew or took a bus, and once I rented a car. I must have hitched 4 times both ways in 6 months.

Lol, i get it. For those that didnt serve, getting home and anywhere away from post was worth it no matter what you got into.

But holy shit! Ord to westminster for a weekend is a journey! (And too bad ord shut down, that would be a pretty nice duty station in todays world. 7th Inf?)

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol, i get it. For those that didnt serve, getting home and anywhere away from post was worth it no matter what you got into.

But holy shit! Ord to westminster for a weekend is a journey! (And too bad ord shut down, that would be a pretty nice duty station in todays world. 7th Inf?)

Monterey, Carmel, and Big Sur plenty to do and see near there. A friend of mine spent 4 years in the Marines during the Vietnam War era. 3 in Hawaii, and the last year in Los Alamitos. It rough duty.

Just now, Tank said:

i'm not telling.

btw, when's your bday?

My tinder one, or real one?

Two different things.

But dont buy me any sambo memorabilia. I already have too many aunt jamima statues and and old posters of jerry lewis playing a chinaman. If i add to my collection, people will think im one of those nerd collector types.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Monterey, Carmel, and Big Sur plenty to do and see near there. A friend of mine spent 4 years in the Marines during the Vietnam War era. 3 in Hawaii, and the last year in Los Alamitos. It rough duty.

Hes probably got some stories ;)

Yeah, I went to Ord as a kid with my dad. Not sure if he had ever spent time there or not (never asked, I know he was in Vietnam and Germany). Beautiful area. Way cooler than most other Army posts. 

Army has some nice ones like Hawaii, Germany, etc. But mostly some brutal ones. Sea Services definetely win that battle.

My grandma was a native American, and she didn't like the logo. I am not offended because I know the logo doesn't intend anything bad. It was originally drawn by a 17 year old.

But I do appreciate this decision, just because I see that there are people who are sensitive and thoughtful enough to show that they care about minorities.

Do you know who the real easily offended snowflakes are?  The ones that are so hurt about not having their favorite logo on the players uniforms anymore, that they are calling out to boycott the season. Talk about wussification.

I get that names like Braves, Chiefs, Warriors are meant to represent the fighting spirit or that some colleges like Florida State and North Dakota took the names of the local tribes but what do "Indian" and Chief Wahoo represent? They say the name comes from Louis Sockalexis. Is that what he looked like? Was he a grinning goofball with a feather in his headband? It's this stereotypical generalization that makes it seem racist, even if it's in a way that was intended to be harmless. Maybe an image makeover would end the 70 year long run of title-free baseball. It can't hurt