• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who thinks Mad Mike Scioscia time in Anaheim is done?

I actually think it's been done for about 7 years, and that the 2002 team would of won World Series no matter who was thier manager. Darin Erstad was the manager of that team that season. It was a "team" called  and "team" only meeting when they got off to that horrible start in Seattle that year, that then got them playing some good ball. Mike was lucky to be writing the line up. But he has been given way to much control over baseball operations, which I think thier starting to realize was a bad idea; and that 10 year contract? So he can have a even bigger power trip, get complacent ect. He has to go, we need fresh maybe young blood, that let's he's players play, and not meddle in every game. That's the thing, in 2002 when so many guys went through slumps did he bench them? No he let them work there way out of it, that's only way your going to see and learn how to be successful in the show. So Mike you gotta go. 

2 minutes ago, Adam Jude Garcia said:

I actually think it's been done for about 7 years, and that the 2002 team would of won World Series no matter who was thier manager. Darin Erstad was the manager of that team that season. It was a "team" called meeting when they got off to that horrible start in Seattle that year, that got them playing some good ball. Mike was lucky to be writing the line up. But he has been given way to much control over baseball operations, which I think thier starting to realize was a bad idea; and that 10 year contract? So he can have a even bigger power trip, get complacent ect. He has to go, we need fresh maybe young blood, that let's he's players play, and not meddle in every game. That's thing, in 2002 when so many guys went through slumps did he bench them? No he let them work there way out of it, that's only way your going to see and learn how to be successful in the show. So Mike you gotta go. 

^ Truth. He's gotten lucky that so many people have gotten injured. He's had multiple pitching and hitting coaches over the years. Its always someone else's fault. Even Dino (the guy who looks like Robert de Niro had too much lipo) Ebel could get this team to 85 wins.

He is a league average manager.  Stability is great unless you are simply stabilizing mediocrity?

Then you have to consider what upgrades you are missing and if being stale is having an effect on the team, the energy, the fans. . .

I would find a way to move on from Scioscia.  Private meeting giving him a chance to make it look like his decision.

But yes I would be glad to get to the future now.

So every so called "good" managers are lucky to have a good team while they are managers? I am guessing guys Bobby Cox, Joe Torre, Joe Maddon, and many others don't deserve to be called "good" managers. Please, Sosh did a very good job considering like everybody on this year's Angels roster either was sucking or hurt. 

I don't hate the Dodgers as much as I hate their fans.  With that in mind, I don't care who manages the Angels going forward, I just find most people that don't like Scioscia are blowhards.  So it wouldn't bother me the least to see him signed to an extension just to piss those people off.  

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm a huge scioscia fan. When Francona was available I was open for a change.  Scioscia is probably a top 5 to 10 manager.  If you replace him you better do better.  

I really agree with this sentiment.  A guy like Francona, cool I’m open to it, tho I’m not convinced he’d do better.  I don’t think the Angels are well served getting a new manager just because.  I just don’t agree that Scioscia has done anything so egregious that he needs to go.  Change isn’t always for the better and we know Mike is a good manager.  I mean at least if you’re being reasonable about the topic. 

If Eppler wants to bring in his own guy after this contract is up.  So be it.  But I don’t get the rush. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

One of worst managers in baseball?    I'm about ready to move on, but to call him one of the worst managers is nutso.  

He had very little reliable starting pitching in 2017.   He had one of the worst offenses.   Yet, he finished just short of .500?  

2017 and 2015 were actually solid managing jobs.

1 minute ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Scioscia fans consider 20 games out of first place two years in a row, a great job.The Angel 2017 team could have been easily 10 games over .500 with an averge manager.

That does it, every manager in the American League West should be immediately fired.  Thanks for the insightful analysis Bob.  Also, thanks for pointing out we just need an average manager, maybe we can find an average second baseman, third baseman, first baseman, DH, starting pitcher, and some average bullpen pieces.  Thank goodness there are a lot of zero WAR players out there.    

20 hours ago, Adam Jude Garcia said:

I actually think it's been done for about 7 years, and that the 2002 team would of won World Series no matter who was thier manager. Darin Erstad was the manager of that team that season. It was a "team" called  and "team" only meeting when they got off to that horrible start in Seattle that year, that then got them playing some good ball. Mike was lucky to be writing the line up. But he has been given way to much control over baseball operations, which I think thier starting to realize was a bad idea; and that 10 year contract? So he can have a even bigger power trip, get complacent ect. He has to go, we need fresh maybe young blood, that let's he's players play, and not meddle in every game. That's the thing, in 2002 when so many guys went through slumps did he bench them? No he let them work there way out of it, that's only way your going to see and learn how to be successful in the show. So Mike you gotta go. 

@EnglishCop, you have challenging work ahead of you, my friend.