• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who thinks Mad Mike Scioscia time in Anaheim is done?

41 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Sosh should lose weight to set a good  example  for Albert,  they both have things in common, both make way to much money. It would  be nice if they earned their paychecks. Less of Albert and less of Scioscia would equal more wins.

I'd be worried about Sosh's weight if he was on the 25 man roster. 

Let's look at it this way.  If many of the Halos past managers managed the Halos in these recent years, how many games would the 2015 and 2017 teams have won?

Clue: I have a sneaking suspicion that it would not be close to the 85 in 2015 or close to the 80 in 2017.  

Heck, there aren't many current MLB managers who could have gotten 85 wins in 2015 and 80 wins in 2017 from this franchise, given the various issues. 

Scioscia is back for 2018 and if the Halos make the playoffs -- he'll be back in 2019.

Look at guys that made the playoffs this year -- Farrell in Boston, Baker in Washington, Girardi in New York -- and still got fired.

I don't see Sosh leaving the Angels as long as Arte Moreno owns the team.

And I think Arte is priming the franchise for sale in 2019-20.

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You ever watch the movie moneyball . Scioscia  reminds me Howe, the team had success inspite  of him.

Yeah, they lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Minnesota Twins, who in turn were beaten by the Angels in the LCS.  That team was mostly famous because of a twenty game consecutive hot streak in August and September with the Angels hot on their heels.  The movie is so misleading to the true story.  In the movie there is virtually no mention of the importance that the pitching staff played in the teams success that year, it focused almost entirely on the offense.  If you want the real story, read the book.  If you think Beane invented something really great think again, plenty of other teams were also moving in that direction.  There is little new in getting the most bang for the money spent.  All teams are still doing it today.  Then again Brad Pitt can sell anything, and Billy Beane is still scrambling trying to find lightning in a bottle.

+1 to what Tom said.

Epp is doing the “most bang for the money spent”, and having solid success stories unearthed with it for the most part.

Now that significant money under the AAV limit is available finally, even after keeping Upton, it’s still prudent to work that way in filling 2B, 3B, and filling out the pitching staff.

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You do remember  game 6 of the World Series  2002. Glaus on second ,Spiezio on first. Jose Molina comes to the plate with one out. Scioscia  has Molina sacrifice  bunt. Bring back memories ?

LOL. One of the most dramatic games in Angels history and you're griping over this one singular play. BTW, did it affect the outcome of the game against the Angels?

Keep it up, Shecky!

Edited by Tank

39 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You do remember  game 6 of the World Series  2002. Glaus on second ,Spiezio on first. Jose Molina comes to the plate with one out. Scioscia  has Molina sacrifice  bunt. Bring back memories ?

I remember game 6 well. Jose Molina had that one plate appearance the entire world series. The chances of him striking out or hitting into an inning ending double play was far greater than him actually getting a hit so Scioscia made the best of the situation by moving the runners forward a base each. He was playing to both extend the inning with a guy that hadn't seen live pitching since the Minnesota series where he grounded out in his only plate appearence and give Kennedy another at bat.

He had to keep Jose in the lineup because he pinch hit for his brother Bengie in the 7th. So he treated the situation as though he had a pitcher in the 8th hole with Adam Kennedy, the MVP of the Twins killing on Deck. 

Kennedy's batting line for the 2002 post season  .364/.375/.705/1.080, Jose Molina's .000/.000/.000/.000  I can easily imagine what your agenda would have been if Jose had ended the 8th inning on a double play. 

Context, Bob. Thanks for bringing it up to prove my point and disprove yours.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember game 6 well. Jose Molina had that one plate appearance the entire world series. The chances of him striking out or hitting into an inning ending double play was far greater than him actually getting a hit so Scioscia made the best of the situation by moving the runners forward a base each. He was playing to both extend the inning with a guy that hadn't seen live pitching since the Minnesota series where he grounded out in his only plate appearence and give Kennedy another at bat.

He had to keep Jose in the lineup because he pinch hit for his brother Bengie in the 7th. So he treated the situation as though he had a pitcher in the 8th hole with Adam Kennedy, the MVP of the Twins killing on Deck. 

Kennedy's batting line for the 2002 post season  .364/.375/.705/1.080, Jose Molina's .000/.000/.000/.000  I can easily imagine what your agenda would have been if Jose had ended the 8th inning on a double play. 

You beat me to it....  I love how Bob fails to mention that J-Mo came up after the Angels had already taken the lead and that he succeeded in moving both runners up 90 feet.  Not bad for a guy that had all of two plate appearances in the entirety of the 2002 postseason.

4 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You remember when Dave Roberts blunted with runners on first and second and zero outs in the World Series. You thought that was stupid. SCIOSCIA did it with one out , that was even dumber. 

Dave Roberts was dumb because he blunted.  Scioscia is smart because he bunted.

31 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

How did that great decision by Scioscia  work out ? I thought so, it didn't. 

The game resulted in a win -- the play resulted in the runners moving up, the inning ended with Adam Kennedy striking out.   

But I guess in your world of make believe the back up catcher who had two plate appearances in the 3 weeks before that game would have come up with a big hit....   

What would you be bitching about if he had let him swing away and he grounded into a DP?   "STUPID SCOSCIA!!!!"   You're an insufferable bore.

4 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Why was Jose in the game ? Scioscia  had hit for Bengie with Orlando Palmeiro who had only had three plate appearances in the WS. I wonder what he did? K

So ...  which is it?   J-Mo bunting or MS pinch hitting for B-Mo?    Are you going to keep moving the goalposts anytime someone points to how stupid your argument is?   

Maybe it had something to do with Bengie having hit .234 through that point in the WS and Palmiero having hit .287 that season as a pinch hitter.  I really couldn't tell you but I know they won that game and that Jose Molina bunting didn't hurt them.

Have fun BOB...   

48 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So ...  which is it?   J-Mo bunting or MS pinch hitting for B-Mo?    Are you going to keep moving the goalposts anytime someone points to how stupid your argument is?   

Maybe it had something to do with Bengie having hit .234 through that point in the WS and Palmiero having hit .287 that season as a pinch hitter.  I really couldn't tell you but I know they won that game and that Jose Molina bunting didn't hurt them.

Have fun BOB...   

Lefty vs righthanded pitcher matchup. 

Edited by Blarg

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

So quiet I can hear the crickets chirping in @ANAHEIMBOB head.