• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

Lhalo

On 10/4/2017 at 7:58 PM, Schildog said:

According to "law enforcement sources" who talked to CNN, he fired incendiary rounds (whatever they are) at the fuel tanks in an attempt to make them explode. Not normal bullets.

We're just finding that out now, like we found out the security guard was actually shot BEFORE the massacre. How many more new things, differing from what we've been told,  are going to be revealed in the days ahead?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/us/las-vegas-shooter-incendiary-rounds/index.html

41 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

According to "law enforcement sources" who talked to CNN, he fired incendiary rounds (whatever they are) at the fuel tanks in an attempt to make them explode. Not normal bullets.

We're just finding that out now, like we found out the security guard was actually shot BEFORE the massacre. How many more new things, differing from what we've been told,  are going to be revealed in the days ahead?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/us/las-vegas-shooter-incendiary-rounds/index.html

It's so crazy that we're finding out new things as the investigation unfolds. You just can't see this kind of stuff coming.

tracer rounds are generally used for tracking or some use it to track clip amount. so they are used to see how true the gun shoots, but you'll see some people that load their clips with regular ammo but will have a single tracer shell so that when they are firing when that tracer round comes out they know they have 5, 10 or whatever number of rounds left before needing to reload.

they make various incendiary rounds, but in general they are intended to pierce and explode or ignite. they are also used because they can penetrate.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Incendiary rounds are the same as tracer rounds I believe.  They are coated with magnesium or some heat sensitive compound that makes them burn/glow.

tracers are incendiary, but i think the article is talking about ammunition that is specifically designed to cause fires on impact. 

11 hours ago, nate said:

Incendiary rounds are the same as tracer rounds I believe.  They are coated with magnesium or some heat sensitive compound that makes them burn/glow.

Not the same as you would think. Tracers have magnesium tips, so they light as soon as you fire them. They could (and do) start a brush fire, or something similar. Incendiary rounds give up penetration (punch) specific to start a fire.

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Hotel worker warned of shooter before Las Vegas massacre

This timeline is getting a little wonky now.  I'm sure they will eventually come up with a time of shots.  Time of call to dispatch.  Time of call to police.  

It definetely makes you go "wtf". But im assuming that (as fucked up as it is), the hotel is in a frantic dash to limit liability here (which as far as what is known, there isnt a whole lot they couldve done, unless something else comes to light). So as much as they are working with the PD, id imagine they are also only answering what is aksed, not volunteering anything.

Ive read they have their own armed security. It might be a case where they initially sent their own people rather then PD, then called PD later, and the initial timeline was based off of that.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

holy crap! the shooters entire approach was to spray the crowd, not pick off certain individuals one at a time, which is exactly what he was able to accomplish with the bump stock!! this politician may have actually lowered the bar on stupidity with his comments.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/17/father-of-huntington-beach-woman-killed-in-las-vegas-shooting-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

You knew it was coming. I disagree though. Not sure how mandalay bay could have done anything to stop it. 

There is going to be a huge class action against the Mandalay Bay and the company that put on the concert - areas of the venue didn't have enough exits. In any case, you don't need to have a legit claim in the US to bring forth a class action. These will settle for millions. 

8 hours ago, Adam said:

There is going to be a huge class action against the Mandalay Bay and the company that put on the concert - areas of the venue didn't have enough exits. In any case, you don't need to have a legit claim in the US to bring forth a class action. These will settle for millions. 

Which i personally think is ridiculous.

As far as the exits, im not sure of anything other than open desert that a large crowd could flee from. Buildings, streets, stadiums, etc, you get that many people, only so many can fit through the doors at once. (And a counter argument for open space would be how would you keep a gunman or someone who wants to run people over out).

As far as mandalay bay, honestly, i dont see ehat they coupd have done. Metal detectors? I guess...but the logistics for it would be pretty unreasonable. Unless everyone coming in is searched like an airport. But if thats the case, and the next one of these (which there will be) is at a grocery store, a mall, the beach, etc...

I know youre not defending the lawsuit. And i totally get your points (and agree they will pay out), i just think its ridiculous.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As far as the exits, im not sure of anything other than open desert that a large crowd could flee from. Buildings, streets, stadiums, etc, you get that many people, only so many can fit through the doors at once. (And a counter argument for open space would be how would you keep a gunman or someone who wants to run people over out).

As far as mandalay bay, honestly, i dont see ehat they coupd have done. Metal detectors? I guess...but the logistics for it would be pretty unreasonable. Unless everyone coming in is searched like an airport. But if thats the case, and the next one of these (which there will be) is at a grocery store, a mall, the beach, etc...

I know youre not defending the lawsuit. And i totally get your points (and agree they will pay out), i just think its ridiculous.

One of my employees was there, in the vendor area, which was walled off and had only one exit. Her husband kicked a makeshift wall down so they could get out. She's in some support groups (while fleeing the guy behind he was shot and a girl in front of her had her head blown off). Anyway, in one of her groups they've already spoken to lawyers and there has to be more than one exit in areas like that. I'm not sure about the law, but I'm guessing a jury will agree because juries in civil actions involving death almost unanimously go for the plaintiff(s)

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As far as the exits, im not sure of anything other than open that a large crowd could flee from. Buildings, streets, stadiums, etc, you get that many people, only so many can fit through the doors at once. (And a counter argument for open space would be how would you keep a gunman or someone who wants to run people over out).

Imagine, every single time, you go up to your room, you have to wait in a TSA style line.  I'm sure that will work well for those at the tail end of their 8 hour alcohol bender, behind the family that is out at 2 am with the baby stroller and 2 young kids.  

I think it's tolerable at airports and venues, because you only have to do it once.  But it's not practical when you will be in and out a number of times.

yeah, i'm not really sure how much you can hold the hotel responsible in this case. there really wasn't any bad faith conduct on their part.

i imagine the promoter of the concert and whoever built the concert site will have the most to answer to. there has to be some way to have enough exits for people to leave in an emergency while at the same time keeping out people who don't have tickets. not sure how you do that (more gates to enter/exit = more money spent to hire personnel = less profit for those in charge).