• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Joyce Uses Gay Slur & Challenges Angels Fan To A Fight

He shouldn't be suspended at all.  The fan should be held accountable as a man, just the way Joyce is.  The fan probably deserved it and instead it's Joyce that gets punished.  Our society has become too thin skinned and politically correct.  I've been called some of the worst things imaginable through sports, the Marine Corps and whatever else you can imagine.  Other people's insults don't define me, and so I'm not offended.  

Calling a gay person gay isn't wrong, just like calling an idiot an idiot isn't wrong.  It's an observeration. 

damn.

if there were pics and social media around when I grew up we would all have been ejected from games or suspended for what we said to each other on the field, court, or rink.

I get it we live in a different society now and everyone is offended with everything, but suspending him is...well...gay.

8 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

He shouldn't be suspended at all.  The fan should be held accountable as a man, just the way Joyce is.  The fan probably deserved it and instead it's Joyce that gets punished.  Our society has become too thin skinned and politically correct.  I've been called some of the worst things imaginable through sports, the Marine Corps and whatever else you can imagine.  Other people's insults don't define me, and so I'm not offended.  

Calling a gay person gay isn't wrong, just like calling an idiot an idiot isn't wrong.  It's an observeration. 

The fan is gay? 

Evidently, Joyce allowed the fan's insults define him first. 

11 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

He didn't call a gay person gay, he called him a faggot and the guy wasn't even gay anyways as far as i know.  He just used the words as an insult.

As others have said when Joyce is wearing a baseball uniform then he's at his place of business and cant say things that would offend an entire community.  At my work, if anyone used that kind of language we would be fired because it's considered work place violence.  Joyce only got a 2 game suspension and got off quite easy compared to those of us who dont work as an athlete.