• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

John McCain has Brain Cancer

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I was...and was very glad to be wrong. Maybe he didn't like skinny repeal because it only kicked off 16 million instead of the 22 million he voted for the day before...maybe he wanted to stick a shiv in Donnie...or maybe he actually sat down and read his speech. Hey, whatever works...he promised reporters a show last night and gave them one...props to him for whatever reason it ended up being.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

the other day we weren't wrong and generally we aren't wrong about John McCain.  I'm glad he voted the way he did, and I acknowledged it.

Edited by UndertheHalo

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

Buncha muthafuckers in this thread should be glad they have health insurance because they're gonna wrench their shoulder patting themselves on the back.

When I say being right all the time is a curse I really mean it!!!
136956-family-guy-quagmires-strong-arm.png.jpg
(Not that figuring out that the Republicans in congress love ACA more than the Democrats and would protect it like their first born was a tough one and merits much self congratulating. Some though. Along with the post-game smack.)

I'm not sure which is more amusing (keeping in mind the healthcare and peace of mind of tens of millions of people were on the line)...McCain's dramatics or the reaction of McConnell and other Senators...like the least intimidating gang in history

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'm not sure which is more amusing (keeping in mind the healthcare and peace of mind of tens of millions of people were on the line)...McCain's dramatics or the reaction of McConnell and other Senators...like the least intimidating gang in history

You have no idea how much the Republican health care "effort" these past few months have reminded me of a WWE storyline. But I guess it always pays to know how to play to your base. In the words of the immortal political theorist Hulk Hogan

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I can't wait until Obamacare implodes and the Democrats blame the GOP for not fixing it.

They'll get away with that narrative too. Orwell had nothing on our modern politicians and media.

They'll try but the Republicans, who are way better at it, will be turning up the propaganda machine to 11 on how Obamacare is Obamarific made out of 100% pure Kenyan Obama and is part of this Obamaious breakfast.  (Or something like that)

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I can't wait until Obamacare implodes and the Democrats blame the GOP for not fixing it.

They'll get away with that narrative too. Orwell had nothing on our modern politicians and media.

Don't you have a plan under the ACA? Seems odd you can't wait until the Republicans let it fail. There are some things that can be done...HHS agency, led by Tom Price, can make it difficult and lax enforcement of some of the law but the big thing is around the subsidies given to insurance providers...I would expect those to end or questions about whether or not they will be paid if Republicans truly want to see it implode.

30 minutes ago, red321 said:

Don't you have a plan under the ACA? Seems odd you can't wait until the Republicans let it fail. There are some things that can be done...HHS agency, led by Tom Price, can make it difficult and lax enforcement of some of the law but the big thing is around the subsidies given to insurance providers...I would expect those to end or questions about whether or not they will be paid if Republicans truly want to see it implode.

Democrats haven't lifted a finger to fix the inherent problems in Obamacare that are helping to drive premiums and deductibles through the roof and cause more and more companies to drop out of the marketplace. So the idea that the Republicans are letting it fail is a bit disingenuous. 

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Democrats haven't lifted a finger to fix the inherent problems...

Meanwhile, the party with control of the House for six years running and that has been using Obamacare as a boogeyman for that same length of time didn't bother to attempt to modify the law for the better in that same time frame OR work up a sensible replacement in the interest of the American people.

29 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Meanwhile, the party with control of the House for six years running and that has been using Obamacare as a boogeyman for that same length of time didn't bother to attempt to modify the law for the better in that same time frame OR work up a sensible replacement in the interest of the American people.

Because Obama!

47 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

This is basically the way I see it. That being said, Dems BETTER have some fixes in mind that they want to implement. I've heard one official statement of fixes they'd like to do, and I really wasn't impressed with it. It seems like now is the time to really make the Reps look foolish with all this.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

You were expecting something else from this bumbling group?

15 hours ago, LHalo said:

Whelp. I don't expect anything regarding healthcare to be passed by Congress in the near future so it looks like this is happening: 

I expect more providers to pull out of the ACA soon. 

That's all well and good. I hope these idiots use the time to come up with something other than the complete shitshow they produced this time around.

Good news, though: presuming Trump gets a second term and they wait until it's over to introduce new legislation, they have exactly the same amount of time that they did last time to come up with a workable plan.

Bad news: well, you saw what they did this week.

BUILD THAT WALL!

13 hours ago, red321 said:

I think the most amusing thing is Schumer trying to quiet down all the Dems who burst into applause after the maverick's vote.