• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 minutes ago, nate said:

No idea who this guy is... I don't get why they would sign a 1 way contract like that when there are depth forwards in the system already that probably can't be any worse.

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Maybe a Gulls move?  Sadly, I don't even see him any better than Boll, and actually worse.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/grantde01.html

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

lol, literally as I posted the above.  Makes it feel like Marleau will be resigning also

According to Capfriendly.  Thornton is going to make $6.5 million.  Sharks have $11.5 million in cap space.  So if Marleau makes equal, that'll be $5 million left on 17 players.  And Chris Tierney is a RFA.  There is going to be a lot of young faces on that team that played in the AHL last year.

18 minutes ago, nate said:

Seems like the Ducks are waiting for Marleau

Hindsight dream.  But imagine if Marleau and Thorton signed with the Ducks ala Kariya/Selanne with colorado to try and win the cup.

The third line would be Marleau/Thorton/Perry.  LOL

Vlasic signed a 8 year deal with 7million AAV & he's 30 atm, his Corsi stats were 46.5 CF% & his opponents CF% was 53.2, by compare Lindholm had a 52.3 CF% & his opponents had a 52.5 CF%. So basicly Lindholm faced closed to the same level of opposition CF% & had a CF% of 52.3%  while Vlasic had a 46.5%.

29 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Vlasic signed a 8 year deal with 7million AAV & he's 30 atm, his Corsi stats were 46.5 CF% & his opponents CF% was 53.2, by compare Lindholm had a 52.3 CF% & his opponents had a 52.5 CF%. So basicly Lindholm faced closed to the same level of opposition CF% & had a CF% of 52.3%  while Vlasic had a 46.5%.

What a pickle the Ducks will be in.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Shattenkirk got about the same AAV as Fowler but for only 4 years instead of 8.

Imo, Fowler comps well with Shattenkirk long term. 

I'm pretty happy that Thornton Marleau spectre is gone.  I think Thornton is a time bomb.  Disaster waiting to happen.  Glad he's off the table.  No way he would have signed with the Ducks for one year.  I think the longer Marleau drags it out the better our odds are. Still think it unlikely at this point tho. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

well, looks like we lost out on Marleau.  

Also looks like it's a good thing that they lost out.  Wow, huge deal for him.  Glad the Ducks didn't chase that shit.  

We'll see now.  Eric Stephens is tweeting that Marleau was plan A, but Murray apparently does have a plan B.  Who knows. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

what an awful contract.

but makes sense, his last change to try out new city. toronto is f*cking amazing, whilst SJ is fine but pretty boring. 

$14.5m in bonuses, so buyout proof. gonna be interesting when patty is making $6.25m as a 40 year old with NMC and matthews, marner and nylander need new deals.

how about price? lol, $10.5m for 8 years? with $70m as buyout-proof bonuses?!!?

next lockout is almost guranteed with these comical salaries and bonuses.

18 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

vlasic is arguably the best shutdown defender in the entire league, definitely in the west.

he's worth the $$, but that is too long of term. 

nice guy though, i ran into him in the city at a cafe near my place when he was a rookie. 

That Marleau contract is insane, I can't believe he got that.  I think the Ducks will dumpster dive for a few forwards and that is it.  Unless there is a trade to be made somewhere.

For the most part I think GMBM makes good decisions.  Everyone at the time thought the Perry and Getz contracts were average to good... nobody expected Perry to fall off a cliff like this.  I think the Eaves trade looks pretty bad even though he re-signed just because it is a first for half a season.

Edited by nate

17 hours ago, mrwicked said:

how about price? lol, $10.5m for 8 years? with $70m as buyout-proof bonuses?!!?

next lockout is almost guranteed with these comical salaries and bonuses.

price is a great goalie that has never lead his team to stanley cup finals. this is a gross overpay.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@UndertheHalo LOL.  Man, I am glad the Ducks missed out.  That is just terrible.  It will be interesting to see what plan B is.  But IMO, I'd be happy if we stood pat, and have money in the bank to make a deadline move to help us when it really counts.

Yea we'll see.  I'm disappointed all around really by their inability to get another good scorer but I guess it is what it is.  If this is it and there's no significant changes to the roster I guess we'll just have to depend on Perry hopefully bouncing back and Ritchie hopefully becoming a 20 goal scorer.

3 minutes ago, nate said:

There really weren't many forward options out there, I think it would have to be a trade if anything gets done.

Yea at this point trade is the only option.  I saw an article yesterday saying that Colorado still wants to trade Duchene, but are apparently holding out.  Main player right now apparently being Columbus.  It was the authors opinion that Duchenes value was diminishing.  I don't know about that, but I really wish the Ducks would seriously pursue him.  Even if it means trading Vatanen and a prospect. I'd give up our 1st pick (2nd rounder) from this year and Vatanen immediately for him. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

49 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

GMBM leaving the Ducks 1 piece short. Stop me if you've heard that one before. I'm sure he'll sign some dumpster 4th liner and call it an offseason. BM doesn't take chances.

It does feel exactly like this.  I don't think we have enough up front. 

Edited by UndertheHalo