• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Actually I thought Teemu's time with the jets was a lot longer.  But it was only 4 years, with 15 and a cup on the Ducks.  So yeah, he'll go in as a Duck. 

Yea it would be an absurd slap in the face to the organization.  Also, the teemu "Jets" are the  Coyotes.  The current club in Winnipeg tries to make something of it but it's a retarded joke imo. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea it would be an absurd slap in the face to the organization.  Also, the teemu "Jets" are the  Coyotes.  The current club in Winnipeg tries to make something of it but it's a retarded joke imo. 

Naw.  I still give Teemu to the Winnipeg Jets.  Even if the ownership moved, the team is still in the city.  Just like the Cleveland Browns and their history is the Cleveland Browns and not the Baltimore Ravens.  I also don't consider the Minneapolis Lakers to be part of the Los Angeles Lakers.  Or the Brooklyn Dodgers for that matter.

Cities shouldn't steal other cities identities, IMO.

31 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Naw.  I still give Teemu to the Winnipeg Jets.  Even if the ownership moved, the team is still in the city.  Just like the Cleveland Browns and their history is the Cleveland Browns and not the Baltimore Ravens.  I also don't consider the Minneapolis Lakers to be part of the Los Angeles Lakers.  Or the Brooklyn Dodgers for that matter.

Cities shouldn't steal other cities identities, IMO.

Yea I'm not saying that he's the Coyotes.  I just think the Jets shouldn't make out like he's their player.  That organization still exists.  The Browns is a little different deal also because didn't they come back like within 5 years.  Anyway it doesn't matter.  Teemu is a Duck. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yea this is crazy. Never mind the age, the guy is coming off a significant injury. 

Reading it over again.  I guess it depends.  3 years $5-$7 million a year would be nuts.  3 years a total of $5-$7, but more than likely 3 years $1.67 million a year, then the Ducks should be talking.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

take this for what it's worth.  If true this would be a great get at a perfect price. 

Agree.  For a backup goaltender that will get a lot of starts since we have I don't want to work out Glasson behind the net.  Any real goaltender will be a fit.  And at $1 million, that's probably the going market in a goalie gut environment right now.  I would have even taken Berns or Enroth back at $1 million. 

Edited by gotbeer

I expect by at least next trade deadline that Vatanen will be moved. Someone will overpay for him.

They will have to move him eventually when Manson gets his raise next offseason & 2018 deadline looks like perfect time to move Vatanen when his value goes back up.

By the time Vatanen is back we'll like see the Fowler/Manson & Lindholm/Montour pairs looking great & then the bottom pair of Larsson or Megna with Bieska just needs to be serviceable.

2 hours ago, Kenny said:

For the record, guys.  Players don't choose a team to go in with to the hockey hall of fame.  They just go in with no team.  Or maybe if you're an optimist, they go in with all of their teams.

But, yes, Selanne and Kariya are unequivocally recognized as Ducks, so they're our first HOFers.

thanks for clearing this up.  I knew it wasn't the same as baseball but wasn't aware of the specifics.  I'm not big on hall of fame stuff.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I expect by at least next trade deadline that Vatanen will be moved. Someone will overpay for him.

They will have to move him eventually when Manson gets his raise next offseason & 2018 deadline looks like perfect time to move Vatanen when his value goes back up.

By the time Vatanen is back we'll like see the Fowler/Manson & Lindholm/Montour pairs looking great & then the bottom pair of Larsson or Megna with Bieska just needs to be serviceable.

maybe.  I dont really buy that Vatanen's value is "down" he's a young player on a decent contract.  A team like colorado for example.  I dont think they give a shit if he's able to start the season or not.

As far as the trade goes.  Man, this has been going on for like 3 years now.  It may just be that the Ducks really like Sami, which is fair enough.  He's a really good player.  All the speculation is just from media people and fans identifying an area of depth and trying to pick an odd man out.  The Ducks have never indicated directly that they want to flip Vatanen.  For myself at least, im sort of at the point where I don't really expect he'll be traded anymore.  I mean, we just gave up one of the best D prospects in the game to keep him around.  Sort of speaks pretty loudly to the teams intentions doesn't it ?  I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems like they aren't looking to force the issue.

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

maybe.  I dont really buy that Vatanen's value is "down" he's a young player on a decent contract.  A team like colorado for example.  I dont think they give a shit if he's able to start the season or not.

As far as the trade goes.  Man, this has been going on for like 3 years now.  It may just be that the Ducks really like Sami, which is fair enough.  He's a really good player.  All the speculation is just from media people and fans identifying an area of depth and trying to pick an odd man out.  The Ducks have never indicated directly that they want to flip Vatanen.  For myself at least, im sort of at the point where I don't really expect he'll be traded anymore.  I mean, we just gave up one of the best D prospects in the game to keep him around.  Sort of speaks pretty loudly to the teams intentions doesn't it ?  I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems like they aren't looking to force the issue.

Very true.  And when you really look at the team, IMO ATM the Ducks top pairings are set.

Getz/Raks/Beard

Kess/Silf/Cogs

If we make another minor move, then we could look at, for our third line

Perry/Ritchie (again, don't like when Perry and Ritchie are paired together but it is what it is) and Thorton or Marleau

fourth line is what it is.  But still not bad Vermette/Kase/Shaw

Outside of a complete overhaul, that looks to be it. 

Defense can stay intact. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Very true.  And when you really look at the team, IMO ATM the Ducks top pairings are set.

Getz/Raks/Beard

Kess/Silf/Cogs

If we make another minor move, then we could look at, for our third line

Perry/Ritchie (again, don't like when Perry and Ritchie are paired together but it is what it is) and Thorton or Marleau

fourth line is what it is.  But still not bad Vermette/Kase/Shaw

Outside of a complete overhaul, that looks to be it. 

Defense can stay intact. 

Yea, it's seems probable.  I'm not thrilled with ongoing "shut down" 2nd line thing.  Cogliano doesn't belong on a line that's depended on to score.  Even Kesler while adequate doesn't really fit that role.  As he gets older I suspect that more and more he's going to just play the defensive role.  We really need another forward, so Murray needs to figure it out.  

When the Ducks won the cup they weren't running Sami Pahlson, Rob Niedermayer and Travis Moen out as the 2nd line.  I can't really think of any team in the league that does that.   Usually that shut down role is executed by less skilled players.  We've got to transition away from complete dependence on Getzlaf for scoring.  A big part of that I believe is not making our 2nd line a defensively oriented one. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

That said, if we sign Marleau and they stick him with Kesler and Silf, I'll be satisfied.  At least we have 3 legit skilled forwards then on that line.  It's a good fit also cause Marleau is pretty quick.  He replaces that aspect of Cogs game and brings a shit load more skill and size.  It's fucking crazy to be playing Cogliano in that role. 

Ive sort of set my hopes for the offseason on the Ducks acquiring Marleau.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just got word from a friend, a friend of his spotted marleau on his plane to OC. Presumably to talk to kings and ducks.

Or, just to hang in OC. 

I would take patty for the right price/term. But not sure I would do more than 2 years.

I want cogs off the kesler line, good guy but the hands of stone just should not be in top 6. He needs to either be traded or moved down.