• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I'd rather lose Vatanen than Theodore when you consider Vatanen will miss nearly half the season & they might be able to get Duchene with Theodore who fits Colorado's long term plan much better.

Having to throw in a 2018 1st is too much, coulda just buy out or make Bieska waive, protect manson & let Vatanen be selected & then flip Theodore for Duchene.

Assuming we will lose multiple dmen this offseason.  It means we will have to rely on others for depth.  What does everyone think of Megna?

Basic stuff, dude is just huge.  6'6", 225 lbs.  24 so still young.  Thing that caught my eye.  On the Gulls the last two season, his +/- is a +33 and +23 and fairly low penalty minutes.  Could he be an under the radar guy, that could be a diamond?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/megnaja02.html

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Oddly.  If you look at Corsi and Fenwick.  Stoner was one of our better D. 

And Montour and Vatannen and even Fowler were below him.  Needless to say, Bieska was just horrible.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ANA/2017.html

in a lot of ways I like those stats but i don't find them nearly as compelling as the baseball analytics.  We've kind of talked about this with Lindholm as well. I think Stoner is at best on an equal footing as far as being shitty with Bieksa. That the stats try and indicate that Stoner has been more effective then Fowler for example.  That's a massive red flag.  Fowler has consistently been our best D man in my opinion.  

Its really hard to quantify a lot of the important factors that are involved in a D mans game in particular.  

that said, I do think the stats, particularly corsi are instructive and useful. 

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Assuming we will lose multiple dmen this offseason.  It means we will have to rely on others for depth.  What does everyone think of Megna?

Basic stuff, dude is just huge.  6'6", 225 lbs.  24 so still young.  Thing that caught my eye.  On the Gulls the last two season, his +/- is a +33 and +23 and fairly low penalty minutes.  Could he be an under the radar guy, that could be a diamond?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/megnaja02.html

Yea I like Megna.  I think he's better then Stoner or Bieksa right now.  He's a a big stay at home dman.  When he came up briefly this year I thought he displayed a pretty competent safe game.  Which is all we really need from him. 

3 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

I'd rather lose Vatanen than Theodore when you consider Vatanen will miss nearly half the season & they might be able to get Duchene with Theodore who fits Colorado's long term plan much better.

Having to throw in a 2018 1st is too much, coulda just buy out or make Bieska waive, protect manson & let Vatanen be selected & then flip Theodore for Duchene.

Let's not get to down on Vatanen.  This is a guy that's proven he can play as a top 4 d man in the league.  even if this last year was a bit of a struggle.  To be fair, the guy just couldn't get healthy.  Hopefully he comes back ready to go in December or Jan.  Whenever he shows up again.  Anyway,  he may end up getting traded still.  

If we have Duchene come this October.  I think we'll all be pretty happy with how the Ducks look too to bottom right now and going forward. 

If Murray made an error it's that he waited until this year to try and do something with the Dman glut.  Tough for him to predict how everything would shake out though.  For sure though, ideally we would have moved one of these guys last year or the year before even.  We've sort of known this was coming for a while. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

This explains a lot.

The caveat, however, was once a team had agreed to a deal, Vegas told them they couldn't make other trades which would affect the expansion draft.

McPhee and McCrimmon worked to close their deals and once an agreement was set - they informed their trade partner of the condition attached to the agreement.

i like the "just have bieska waive his clause" like it's up to the team or guaranteed. i was reading there have already been instances where players on other teams didn't waive, which is why the player list was better than expected. a lot of guys said no putting teams in a bind.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So do we think there's gonna be a trade for a forward now ?

apparently the Fowler extension is a done deal.  That's gonna be what ? 6.5 to 7.5 million ? 

That or a FA signing.

They obviously wanted to clear cap because they could have managed to protect Vatanen and Manson.  I really think the Ducks are down on Theo, he was beyond awful in the playoffs and sent down a couple times, mixed with Montour and Larsson I guess was enough.

This sucks though, fuck expansion