• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'd be happy with him.  Nice size and a lot of offensive upside.  Maybe we can get him without trading Vats.  Doubt it though. 

That would be awesome, have liked Galchenyuk's game since he was drafted, a very promising player.

Saw on another board that people were saying Galchenyuk is worth Brodin(Minnesota) but thats overpayment for Broden & Vatanen's more valuable to Montreal than a Brodin is, they need a fast guy like Vatanen who can move the puck that they don't have anymore since Subban left. Galchenyuk would be a guy who'll still be around after Getzlaf/Kesler are retired/FA so it would be a trade for the Future as well. It seems like something Murray would explore since he fits the Ducks mold better than Duchene(only 5'11)

So after that trade the Ducks could send Vegas a draft pick or two for a D-man to play on the bottom pair since likely Lindholm/Montour is set as the 2nd pair ?

Did anyone hear about Duchene & Joe Sakic with the comments their not getting good offers & Duchene likely staying ? Also Murray was talking to Habs GM Bergevin at the draft alot it seems the only player the Ducks would be interested that Habs are rumored to be shopping is Galchenyuk who is a young center like Duchene.

I get the impression the team not making good offers for Duchene is the Ducks(Murray) who'd rather trade for Galchenyuk who's younger, more points per game last season & bigger and also that Bergevin is his friend.

So the Habs could sign Marleau or Thornton to replace Galchenyuk while gaining Vatanen.

7 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Did anyone hear about Duchene & Joe Sakic with the comments their not getting good offers & Duchene likely staying ? Also Murray was talking to Habs GM Bergevin at the draft alot it seems the only player the Ducks would be interested that Habs are rumored to be shopping is Galchenyuk who is a young center like Duchene.

I get the impression the team not making good offers for Duchene is the Ducks(Murray) who'd rather trade for Galchenyuk who's younger, more points per game last season & bigger and also that Bergevin is his friend.

So the Habs could sign Marleau or Thornton to replace Galchenyuk while gaining Vatanen.

There was a rumor about Duchene's Agent talking with Sakic, then talking with the Predators GM.  Hopefully something happens between the Ducks and Habs regardingh Galch though.  Seems like a good fit.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

There was a rumor about Duchene's Agent talking with Sakic, then talking with the Predators GM.  Hopefully something happens between the Ducks and Habs regardingh Galch though.  Seems like a good fit.

Could it be two trades ? I heard Montreal already has RHD they like in Petry:

Trade 1: Ducks trade Vatanen to Toronto for Connor Brown or Kapanen + 2018 pick

Trade 2: Ducks trade Steel + Leafs 2018 pick for Galchenyuk, then Habs flip Steel for Duchene & use the pick to acquire something else.
I imagine Colorado's price on Duchene is higher for the Ducks since Sakic probably doesn't to trade within the conference.

Ducks makes moves for winning now & for the future in Galchenyuk & Connor Brown while losing Vatanen & Steel.

19 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Trade 2: Ducks trade Steel + Leafs 2018 pick for Galchenyuk, then Habs flip Steel for Duchene & use the pick to acquire something else.
I imagine Colorado's price on Duchene is higher for the Ducks since Sakic probably doesn't to trade within the conference.

Ducks makes moves for winning now & for the future in Galchenyuk & Connor Brown while losing Vatanen & Steel.

Have you read this anywhere ? Is Steel really being floated now ? I think the Ducks really need to avoid trading from their forward depth. 

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Ok GM Tony Reagins

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Have you read this anywhere ? Is Steel really being floated now ? I think the Ducks really need to avoid trading from their forward depth. 

Yeah, I agree.  Can't trade Superman.  And if I remember right, he fell to the Ducks when ranked as like a top 10 pick because he was too physical and knocked a little guy senseless and celebrated it after getting a misconduct penalty.  Even at a lower level.  Close to 2 points a game is pretty good.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I agree.  Can't trade Superman.  And if I remember right, he fell to the Ducks when ranked as like a top 10 pick because he was too physical and knocked a little guy senseless and celebrated it after getting a misconduct penalty.  Even at a lower level.  Close to 2 points a game is pretty good.

Also, I think it's sorta awesome that he's apparently kind of a psycho.

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The actor who plays Superman in Supergirl is a Ducks fan Tyler Hoechlin, he also played baseball for UC Irvine.

I don't get the Holzer deal also.  Unless they are thinking of trading Vatanen.  This would give them the possession, move the puck guy, dman/muscle in each line. 

Lindholm/Manson (I just can't see them being broke up)

Fowler/Bieska (just being real, you know no matter how much we hate it, that's how it's going to go.)

Montour/Holzer?

Granted 900k is just about minimum.  I guess that it might be a good insurance policy in case a Dman goes down?  But we would still have possibly Larsson, Wellinski, and Megna as callups.  And Capfriendly still has us at $5.5 million, but we still need the backup goaltender.  Good thing is, there is a glut of backup/bordering on starting goalies. 

someone has to play the 7th dman.  he's basically being paid league minimum.  i wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Jaycob Megna or possibly even Larsson takes a bunch of his PT.  I'm fine with it.  Holzer isn't very good but he's generally not playing big mins.  For that kind of money the talent is what it is.  I'm fine with it.

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

yeah holzer is fine for 7th d spot. its cheap and someone has to fill that role like underthehalo said. 

im fine with it too.  would love to see some of the other kids get time there as the season progresses.

I heard he's good in the locker room & quite a good guy.

Plus for a 7th Dman he had 7 points in limited ice time in 32 games, not many 7th D-men with limited ice time can do that.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

:) Selanne & Kariya just got elected into the NHL hall of fame. Ducks now have 'their' Hall of Famers, will the Angels ever get one ? They'll have to pony up the money to keep Trout an Angel for life.

Yes.  So glad the voters recognized both, and as a pair. 

Although, Selanne might still go in as a Jet. 

Also, shame on the Ducks for not retiring Kariya's number before he got into the Hall.